at R/C Dude. http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-441/Wire...a-System/Detail

Now, For the money, the signal strenth and video will probably not be the best. However, being on an extremely limited budget, it will get me started.

Just wondering what some of you fellows might think given that there's not a lot of of information about it on the site....

Worst case It will be a backup camera for my motorhome, so nothing lost...

at R/C Dude. http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-441/Wire...a-System/Detail

Now, For the money, the signal strenth and video will probably not be the best. However, being on an extremely limited budget, it will get me started.

Just wondering what some of you fellows might think given that there's not a lot of of information about it on the site....

Worst case It will be a backup camera for my motorhome, so nothing lost...

Hi Ron,

The price looks good enough, and they seem to include everything that you need so you can't go too far wrong. I think you're already aware that this isn't the best quality kit available.

The camera itself is the problem. It will be a CMOS with a poor lens. It will get you started but CMOS doesn't handle light very well so when pointed anywhere near the sun you'll see a big white-out effect. If you're trying to fly FPV that will mean you're flying blind whenever you face the sun. Thats particularly bad in Winter when the sun is low.

CCDs handle this much better and usually just give a vertical line up the picture when faced the sun. If you watch some YouTube FPV videos you'll see what I mean. For instance at around 42 seconds into this one: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mUW4CZYCXPU&...feature=related

I hope this helps and happy FPVing!

I know the quality will be lacking but I sorta like it as it's a self contained unit. I do have one or two ccd cameras laying around so I'll probably pull the cmos board out and replace it with a ccd at some point. Also have a few MAR 6 mmic chips so I can add an amp to the transmitter to boost the output if necessary. Heck, the experimenting & building is the part of all of this that makes my jawbone quiver & drool.

I'm hopeing that someone would be able to recognize it from the pix so I could try & track down any info on the web.

Thanks for your reply.

Ron

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

I know the quality will be lacking but I sorta like it as it's a self contained unit. I do have one or two ccd cameras laying around so I'll probably pull the cmos board out and replace it with a ccd at some point. Also have a few MAR 6 mmic chips so I can add an amp to the transmitter to boost the output if necessary. Heck, the experimenting & building is the part of all of this that makes my jawbone quiver & drool.

I'm hopeing that someone would be able to recognize it from the pix so I could try & track down any info on the web.

Thanks for your reply.

Ron

Haha! Sounds good!

I see what you mean about the nice self contained unit. All of the stuff we use over here in the UK are like that. Nobody seems to sell the separate camera, transmitter combos. We're also more limited on Tx power, my cameras are all 10mw. 10mw is more than enough really.