Steve3978

Add a 3 position swich to Spectum DX6 Remote in Replace of Left Stick

Hi, I am trying to add a 3 way swich at the top of my Spectum DX6 in replace of my left stick. The three positions on the swich would do as follows: Foward on the swich would be as pushing the stick the whole way foward.

Middle on the swich would be the stick centered.

Back on the swich would be as the stick is the whole way back.

On another post i need to simulate the 5K pot which is true. But what is the values of the resistors needed and where would i wire them to on the back of the pot. Thanks

On another post i need to simulate the 5K pot which is true. But what is the values of the resistors needed and where would i wire them to on the back of the pot. Thanks

You will need to measure the resistance of the pot at all three stick positions(down, mid, up) and then choose resistors to simulate this pot position. Look up how to create a voltage divider circuit. Once you have this wire your switch up so that it takes the positive line going into the pot and then outputs the 3 required voltages. These 3 separate wires will all lead to the same line just like the pot.

Pretty sure this is the easiest way but there may be better solutions.

If im understanding the question right, you want your switch to be 0%, 50% and then 100% for the three positions?

I would test on the ground what the pot resistances are that give you your desired effect then mimic that on your switch.

If you could give me a bit more information on what you are trying to accomplish, I could give you a better answer :D

If im understanding the question right, you want your switch to be 0%, 50% and then 100% for the three positions?

I would test on the ground what the pot resistances are that give you your desired effect then mimic that on your switch.

If you could give me a bit more information on what you are trying to accomplish, I could give you a better answer :D

This prject is for a battle bot competition. Thhe swich added is for the weapon motor (axi brushless with mamba max esc). The bot is invertable so i need a swich that will make the motor run full speed foward, the middle on the swich off and brake(bake is controlled with esc, and backward when the swich is in the last position. So the easiest way i found is take out the left stick (right stick for stearing) and put in a swich with certain resistance. Let me know Thanks

This prject is for a battle bot competition. Thhe swich added is for the weapon motor (axi brushless with mamba max esc). The bot is invertable so i need a swich that will make the motor run full speed foward, the middle on the swich off and brake(bake is controlled with esc, and backward when the swich is in the last position. So the easiest way i found is take out the left stick (right stick for stearing) and put in a swich with certain resistance. Let me know Thanks

Here is a really simple schematic that will replicate a 5K pot. You don't want to have zero resistance on the last leg, bad things could happen. You will have to experiment. Being that I don’t have a schematic for the robot this isn’t very accurate but it does show of my MS Paint Skills.

post-4144-1203435610_thumb.jpg

Is it the same motor that does forward and reverse? Do you know if it takes negative voltage to run in reverse or if the source voltage is split?

What I mean by that is if it’s a 12V system, 12V would be full speed, 6V would be brake and 0V would be reverse, as a signal.

Or, it could be a ±6V system, where 6V is forward, 0V is break and -6V is reverse.

Let me know what you find out.

Is it the same motor that does forward and reverse? Do you know if it takes negative voltage to run in reverse or if the source voltage is split?

What I mean by that is if it’s a 12V system, 12V would be full speed, 6V would be brake and 0V would be reverse, as a signal.

Or, it could be a ±6V system, where 6V is forward, 0V is break and -6V is reverse.

Let me know what you find out.

Same motor. Brushless motor controlled threw the controller rc feed. 14.4 system. Rc has constant 5v+, -, and a signal that when the signal is fast it means one thing and when the signal is slow it means another. Thats what i found out?

With that I would assume that positive voltage would cause your bot to move forward where negative voltage would cause it to move in reveres.

Here is a schematic that I would suggest that you try. You may need to put resistors inline with the motor to avoid runaway and burn out.

post-4144-1203607234_thumb.jpg

I hope this helps.