Sign in to follow this  
utomo5

Cam Man + Olympus

Hi, actually i'm not new here but since I've been offline for a long time so I forget my user/pwd.

But still I like this forum so I've been searching thru all the thread/post here and seems I can't find what I'm looking for.

Well I just want to be sure if it's could be done before I try to hack my cam.

I have an Olympus M-760 7.1 MPX and want to be able to make the shutter control myself. I know there is already a readymade system about this but I'm on a tight budget :D

Is there here anyone have any success making like the shutterbug for Olympus camera?

Thanks

Regards

Utomo

I would expect that one of the CamMan projects could be used to trigger your camera. But, you will need to carefully review the electrical operation of the CamMan (sufficient details are disclosed in each project write-up) to determine which one to use and how to install it. I don't have any experience with your camera, so I probably won't be much help.

If the installation is too difficult to determine, then just use a micro servo to depress the shutter. Also, the ShutterBug Pro is not too expensive and a convenient device to solve the problem.

I would expect that one of the CamMan projects could be used to trigger your camera. But, you will need to carefully review the electrical operation of the CamMan (sufficient details are disclosed in each project write-up) to determine which one to use and how to install it. I don't have any experience with your camera, so I probably won't be much help.

If the installation is too difficult to determine, then just use a micro servo to depress the shutter. Also, the ShutterBug Pro is not too expensive and a convenient device to solve the problem.

Thanks MR. RC-Cam, your right about that. But working with a micro servo it's not really realible unless you CA on it and this what I want to avoid ruining my cam :D

Well ok then I will try to solve this with ShutterBug Pro.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Utomo

You can use some double sided tape on the camera and servo and then epoxy the servo to the camera tape. When done, just remove the tape from the camera and the servo.