That´s true, and there is no bad reviews there, because they delete them.

Where did you ever get that idea?? There are plenty of bad product reviews on the HC site. No deletions take place unless there is obscene language included in the review.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_< Actually ron they do delete them, I had posted a couple bad reviews and went to use the codes for discount, apparently they had been deleted. Obviously they haven't gotten all of them but out of 14 reviews i had posted, the 3 negative ones were removed.

Ivan.

Well, that's the first I've heard. There are plenty of bad reviews still there.

I´´ve seen bad reviews one day and the day after mysteriously they were gone. I don´t even see plenty of bad reviews on their site, but I don´t really care about this discussion, I try to order known articles from friend´s experiences

I think they get so many reviews that some just slip through. Overall I've had a huge positive experience with them but it would be nice for them not to censor the reviews so you can get a less biased view. If I were in their shoes and it was my business I would do it too.

Ivan.

I do spend quite some time reading the reviews on the products before ordering. While I've rarely seen frankly negative ones (I'd believe some are deleted), those that highlight a little weakness are there. So by putting the 10-20 reviews of a product together you can make yourself a pretty clear idea of the thing. Not to talk about when 5 people mention the same defect. When all are really positive I consider it's OK.

For example the other day I was about to order a cheap 9gr servo (maybe $13 each) and read the reviews, a couple of people were talking of the gears having some play, and one recommended getting another brand with similar characteristics. OK, they were a bit more expensive ($20, I guess those reviews don't get deleted if they encourage to spend more ;) ), but I ended getting those (that had very positive reviews) and they are real little gems, while still being less than half the price I'd pay here for something similar.

Then there are product series, once you get your first turnigy motor you know you can order more without risk.

I'll make it a point to look more closely. In the meantime I'll ask about it on the HC forum. I rely on those reviews when I select a product as well and I want to read the bad ones also....

Question asked. Will be interested in the response...

Hmmmmm.. Seems I opened a small can o' worms........

7/18

Better now. We all ganged up on HC and the reviews bad or good will be left standing. With one exception. The review HAS to be about the product being reviewed. If the reviewer bitches about HC or the HC staff or postal service in a derogatory way, the review will be deleted with a note saying it was deleted.

I think that's fair enough.....

Edited by W3FJW-Ron
  • 2 weeks later...

Well installed a new motor today, and things look way better now, here some numbers.

My old motor:

4S 13x8APC E max Amps: 52A

4S 12x8APC E max Amps: 43A

The new one, same as old but now they call it turnigy

4S 13x8APC E max Amps: 37A

4S 12x8APC E max Amps: 30A

Will see now what is my flying time with this new one. The old one I´m going to throw it away to the trash bin :D

• 1 year later...

Well this is a 1 year old video, but I think I have never published a FPV video of my telemaster, here it goes:

I think this is the first time I need some aid from my OSD with navigation, on the return I could not see many references on the ground due to that thin fog below me.