Daytona

My Oracle Diversity Monster Rig!

Hi Guys,

I've just finished building my monster and I thought you might be interested to see it.

Everything is powered off the 9v gel cell in the bottom of the box, including the Goggles, Archos, Oracle, Receivers, etc. and everything folds back into the box for transport.

I'm very pleased with it and I'm looking forward to giving it a try when the weather calms down a bit!

Simon

post-2314-1205456071_thumb.jpg

post-2314-1205456078_thumb.jpg

post-2314-1205456204_thumb.jpg

post-2314-1205456096_thumb.jpg

I like the way it all fits in in the carry box, I want to do something similar for my gear. I fit it all into a small sports bag at the moment but I want to make a hard box for it for better protection. It has to be light and easy to carry as I often don't have car access or a helper so I need to be able to carry it all by my self. Well done.

Terry

Awesome setup! Please remember to update us all on how it performs! I'm curious what people think of the Oracle diversity system, as I'm thinking about getting one myself.

the two patch antennas ? are they both circular polarized ?

if not I suggest you try to rotate one of them 90 deg.

also the distance of them ? best to use 1½ or 2½ or 3½ and so on wavelength.

and be aware they both have same distance to ground, also not uptimal,

you see they will both get the same nulling reflection from ground at the same time.

try to move one 1½ or 2½ and so on wavelangth up or down from ground.

please repport is those fixes I here repport have any visible improvement in real life ?

I work with RF infrastructure like GSM and Tetra networks, I can inform you all prof installations

are carefully uptimized like that :-) it must be for a reason.

the two patch antennas ? are they both circular polarized ?

if not I suggest you try to rotate one of them 90 deg.

also the distance of them ? best to use 1½ or 2½ or 3½ and so on wavelength.

and be aware they both have same distance to ground, also not uptimal,

you see they will both get the same nulling reflection from ground at the same time.

try to move one 1½ or 2½ and so on wavelangth up or down from ground.

please repport is those fixes I here repport have any visible improvement in real life ?

I work with RF infrastructure like GSM and Tetra networks, I can inform you all prof installations

are carefully uptimized like that :-) it must be for a reason.

Hi Thomas,

You're quite right, they are identical antennas. I actually intend to use an Omnidirectional stock antenna first of all. I'm not sure why I stuck them both on there to start with...I guess for symetry for my robot! :-)

I will try your suggestions and report back. Thanks a lot for the advice.

I've started doing some testing using a kite since the weather is terrible at present, but OK for flying a kite!

Thanks

Simon