FPVflyer

Head tracking for JR

Hi everyone,

My names abit eager but defiantly want to become a FPV Flyer!!!!!! I'm addicted. I fly everything up to Turbine jets, as my overall goal is oneday do a FPV flight onboard my Turbine jet i appreciate i need to start small!!! hahah

I was about to click the "add to basket" icon for the X-11 from RC-TECH till i noticed it wasn't adaptable with a JR radio.. Short of buying a new radio , have i any options?? i've been trying to research everywhere however no luck , so i thought i'd ask the people that know best!!

Also is anyone flying a X-11 Setup?? What are your veiws , advantages and of course dissavantages.

Hope someone can help.

michael

The difficulty with JR equipment unlike Futaba and some other makes is that the training port input on the transmitter can only accept signals for channels 1-4. Futaba allows any of the 8 or 9 channels to be used via the trainer input, which makes connecting external devices such as a headtracker much easier.

There was a method on RCGroups that gave a partial solution but requires the headtracker to be assigned to channels 1 to 4 which is non-standard.

regards Peter

And even then, only a couple of the highest end JR models actually allow to choose between those 4. The others simply give all channels to the trainer port.

IM hoping im going to get good news here... and i havn't wasted money...

i just purchased from Range Video a complete PFV kit, including a head tracker apparently compatible with all radio's........ DIY and you have to solder it on... Has anyone any luck with this for a JR - 9X11

Michael