i purchased a sony 520 line camera from future hobbies about ayear ago. i broke the connector that hooks up to the back of the camera . the wires snapped loose and i cant repair it. i emailed them to find out if they had spare and didnt get any return email TWICE. i dont know where i can find this wire. i have a kx 131 but its not the same wire. please help thanks

ok here is the pic of the back of the camera i compared it with a kx 131

post-2243-1206204846_thumb.jpg

Edited by qnzkrew

It's a Molex brand connector so I guess you can buy them in many places all over the world.

At www.elfa.se that the above link is coming from for starters but also at digikey, mauser's, etc...

Dimitris

where can i buy this? do the ones that rangevideo sells for the kx 171 fit my camera? or anybody else?

I'm having a similar problem with my Molex connector. Did you find a supplier?

Jon Davies

Not that this offers any immediate remedy, but the dpcav.com site is expected to stock the KX171 style A/V cable in a couple weeks.

If all that is wanted are empty Molex housings and pins, then I'll try to figure out the part number to them (once I review the factory built cable). Keep in mind that the proper hand tool to crimp the micro size pins cost several hundred dollars! Faking it with needle nose pliers rarely achieves a long term reliable crimp, but I suppose someone might get lucky if they have the hands of a surgeon. Long story short, I recommend a factory made cable. :)

Some older equipment use this type of connector, I would go seaching in skips outside of independant TV repair shops, a few old circuit boards & there's always this type of connector. It is the same one my range video gear uses for the TX.

Ross

FARNELL will probably have it. Google them, they have an outfit in the USA. (in fact..world wide).

Edited by rossmans