Sign in to follow this  
W3FJW-Ron

New 2.5 gc complete unit

I've just ordered this unit. Will let y'all know whether it's a good deal in a couple of weeks. Seems to be an awful lot for the money. 57 units sold out in less than 24 hours...

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/u...?idProduct=6591

Ron

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

Same here. I ordered one earlier today so that I can take some measurements (there are absolutely no useful specifications found on the catalog page). Once I'm done, I'll probably keep the LiPOs and trade off the rest (the last thing I need is another A/V system).

It's definitely a low price, but so are all those disappointing China made eBay systems. The low cost stuff can be fun, but is easily outgrown. Once it is in the hands of a few experienced users, we will soon see how Darwin treats this system. :)

Great!! I'm looking forward to reading your evaluation. I figure for the price if there's only one decent unit out of all of them, it's worth the money. The lipos are a bonus as is the tilt & pan unit. All the other stuff I've ordered from HC has been decent so I'm hoping this will be also. Is it too much to hope there's a ccd in the package??

Same here. I ordered one earlier today so that I can take some measurements (there are absolutely no useful specifications found on the catalog page). Once I'm done, I'll probably keep the LiPOs and trade off the rest (the last thing I need is another A/V system).

It's definitely a low price, but so are all those disappointing China made eBay systems. The low cost stuff can be fun, but is easily outgrown. Once it is in the hands of a few experienced users, we will soon see how Darwin treats this system. :)

Is it too much to hope there's a ccd in the package??

I believe your odds of winning the state Powerball lotto would be much higher. Even if it is CCD, I suspect that there is little chance it would have the performance to make it a keeper.

But, satisfaction with this sort of stuff all depends on your requirements and personal expectations. So, it helps to keep your expectations low. :)

Mr RC Cam, has your payment for this item been refunded ?? Mine has and it's now priced at about $250+..... Darn it !!!

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

Mr RC Man, has your payment for this item been refunded ?? Mine has and it's now priced at about $250+..... Darn it !!!

maybe this was a fake offer to attract people, especially the FPV community?

No, it wasn't a fake offer. They called it a servo error but in reality someone entered the wrong numbers in the database making it a human error. The price has been corrected to about $259. If it does happen to be high quality it's probably worth it. But there's no specs we can see to make any kind of judgment.

Ron

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

I received a refund notice too. So, I won't be buying one to perform measurements.

Now that the dust has settled, I went back to their site and saw that they now have 5 pcs in stock. That seems to suggest that over 50 customers accepted the higher price (holy cow) or they honored some of the early sales. I also saw some interesting customer feedback about the cancellation.

Frankly, for a few dollars more, a time tested A/V system (Lawmate or Airwave, with KX131 CCD camera) could be purchased. Of course we may eventually hear that the United Hobby system is the holy grail, but the history with other China A/V systems makes that a long shot. Only time will tell.

I didn't win the state Power Ball Lotto either. Boy o boy. My luck is really down in the dumps lately.....

I have bought a couple other (always looking for bargains) of the Chinese AV systems (< $100) but have had no place to check them yet. Some of them look like they've been packaged in Tuna cans while others, at least the equipment (TX & Rcvr) packaging looks first rate. Time will tell as I'm buying stuff for "down the road" testing and use.

Edited by W3FJW-Ron