Hello, have been searching for a video switch that would allow me to switch from my front view to belly camera so I can check to see if I'm on target. I had heard rangevideo was coming out with one a while back but still haven't seen anything. And unfortunately the video switch that mr cam had on this site seems to be done a while back too.

So anyone see a reliable switching system? I would prefer not to carry a second tx and still need to switch on the receiver end if I can setup something to use a channel.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan. B)

What do you say Thomas? Make another one from your fun factory? :D

The easy way is to use an RC-CAM bit switch and a micro relay. If your more keen then a bit switch and a MAX4311 video mux.

Terry

The easy way is to use an RC-CAM bit switch and a micro relay. If your more keen then a bit switch and a MAX4311 video mux.

Terry

Could use a reed switch also....

Yes you could use a read switch but most of them pull more current than a micro relay.

Terry

Some folks have used the little R/C controlled relays sold by Dimension Engineering. They are very low cost.

I'm looking at it, and putting it together shouldn't be too hard, but it looks like I have to reprogram the chip? This correct?

Is there no one selling a completed kit for a reasonable price?

Ivan.

Edited by headhunter23

Ok been thinking about it, I'm interested in the bit-cam as it seems to do what I need. But I don't have a programmer to reprogram the chips. Was wondering if someone can buy ... ah heck say 20 since I have some rc boats and might eventually get into rc cars. Anyways if someone could program them and send em to me, will exchange money for the service!

Can go through paypal or maybe some other payment options.

Thanks to those that respond.

Ivan.

Edit point: Pretty please???

Edited by headhunter23

Ok... since no luck on reprogramming and would like to get this done within a week to two, I can figure the rest of the stuff out but still do need the off and on part to work, anyways here's my new idea, a chip or transistor or something that opens when a certain millivolt is hit. (I'm sure this is kinda what the bit cam does but kinda seeing if I can get a work around since I don't have reprogrammer) Anyways is there any sort of chip or piece of electronics that will only open a gate once a certain voltage is sent? I was reading 126 milivolts with gear closed then 250ish with gear open. So if I can get something that only opens at 200 mv I should be able to make the switch.

I know this board is chock full of geniuses, anyone able to chime in?

Ivan.

Hey sysop or rc-cam, I'm going to pick up a few smb connectors from digi-key, was wondering if you could recommend some micro relays from there. Had done a search but still not sure which ones would be a good choice, not too much detail on some of them.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan.