Sign in to follow this  
Terry

Video Conditioner

Hi all

I have been trying to edit some of my airbourn video tapes using my PC but the quality is lost when I convert it. The PC dose a good job on good tapes recorded from the TV but loses sync and colours when I record from my airbourn stuff which plays ok direct into a TV. Have any of you got experiance with the video conditioners available or maybe made your own ? What do I need to look for in a good unit for my purpose ?

Thanks Terry

UK

How are you getting the video from the camera into the PC? If it's a digital video camera and you're using the USB port instead of firewire, you'll get loss of quality. If that's not your issue, look into a program called virtualdub. I sometimes use it to clean up my home videos as a preprocessor. And it's free to boot!

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Its a Pinnacle DC10 and its anolog direct to the PCI card.

Terry

UK

Hi Terry.

I'm very new to all this,but as an observation I too have noticed a quite marked difference in the video quality of TV vs PC display. have you come up with any conclusions on this subject.

Johnstorm

Hi john

It seems that the pc card needs a good clean signal which you dont allways get from a down link. If the timebase signal is not good and strong then it looses its place and the rest of the signal goes to pot. I have borrowed a conditioner from a friend and it makes a great improvement. I cant seem to find a good one to buy at the moment, I want one that takes care of the timebase and not just wipe out the macrovision for making dodgy copies.

Terry

UK