headhunter23

Nugh think I screwed up, need a little help on cularis pusher config

Well didn't even think about it when I glued it in... originally I had designed it to be a pusher but due to more weight needed in the front of the cularis (which apparently is generally not a problem, if not the opposite), I guess I was tired after absolutely going over the rest of the plane and getting everything right. Anyways had made up a mount, essentially moving the motor from nose to the top.

Take a look and give me the bad news. I am believing that the prop needs to be shooting down further such that it would have the same angle as stock. I can fix it but would take some cutting and absolutely making a new mounting plate. Which I bloody hate.

btw image is big.

Ivan.

post-4405-1210286756_thumb.jpg

Edited by headhunter23

No thats fine, as the motor is above the C of G you will get a nose down tendency if you hand launch anyway, it will be worse with downthrust.

If the motor has lots of thrust you may find it better to launch with less power then throttle up as the aircraft picks up air speed.

Terry

Didn't think of it that way... so irregardless of which way I had the prop, the plane would in fact have a tendency to shoot downward on take off anyways due to the height and location of prop? Interesting... perhaps will try, then more than likely still redo it so the prop is adjustable to find that right point where the plane seems to go level. Ah crud then the prop would be hitting... crrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Still I would like the plane to not be fighting the prop under power and have to pull back on the throttle every time I fly though.

Ivan.

Still I would like the plane to not be fighting the prop under power and have to pull back on the throttle every time I fly though.

The only way you can do that is to put the thrust line of the motor closer to the C of G.

The problem at take off is there is not enough leverage from the elevator just when the prop thrust is at its greatest.

A smaller prop and more up thrust is the way to go if you want to use a pilon mount. But beware the more up thrust you use the more it matters how far from the nose the motor is.

Your best bet is just to make it all adjustable until you find the sweet spot.

Terry

:D the maiden worked great! No need to actually change the prop angle, works fine, very smooth etc. Can't believe it works so well. You were right on the power though I think... at first I started maybe 2/5ths power which wasn't quite enough, half works perfect. Only did two launchs and landings but will try more power on third flight see if she starts diving too much.

I gotta say it feels bloody heavy when ya throw it, need a good throw too. I haven't weighed it but I'm sure I'm way over suggested weight. Slow flyer, carrys well(without the 400g camera it's lifting 2 4400 11.1v lipo's without breaking a sweat) shifting stuff to rear of plane like servos tx motor and pod really allows for a huge weight load in the front. Great plane. Will have some photos and video in the next couple days.

Thanks Terry for the replys... really helped out! ;)

Ivan.

Ps didn't realize there is a limit on emoticons...

That's great Ivan, glad to hear all went well.

If your having to launch fast you may find more power is ok.

Terry

:D the maiden worked great! No need to actually change the prop angle, works fine, very smooth etc. Can't believe it works so well. You were right on the power though I think... at first I started maybe 2/5ths power which wasn't quite enough, half works perfect. Only did two launchs and landings but will try more power on third flight see if she starts diving too much.

I gotta say it feels bloody heavy when ya throw it, need a good throw too. I haven't weighed it but I'm sure I'm way over suggested weight. Slow flyer, carrys well(without the 400g camera it's lifting 2 4400 11.1v lipo's without breaking a sweat) shifting stuff to rear of plane like servos tx motor and pod really allows for a huge weight load in the front. Great plane. Will have some photos and video in the next couple days.

Thanks Terry for the replys... really helped out! ;)

Ivan.

Ps didn't realize there is a limit on emoticons...

All RIGHT Buddy! Yeah I too look forward to some pics!! ;)