Sign in to follow this  
sparkyman

Nav-Lights

Hi All,

New here, hoping somebody out there can help me witha very small request.

I discovered the RC-CAM project "Nav-Lights" which is just perfect for my one-off modelling application. It uses the Microchip PIC12C508A Microcontroller and some code from the website....

...the PIC12C508 is obtainable locally at a mere £0.86, but I have no way of actually burning the chip unless I invest in the necessary kit, of which I can only find starter kits for the PIC12F series of chips (Microchip have advised that they are not suitable for the older PIC12C chips. This is a one off project, so investing in a programming is not finacially viable for me as I'll probably never use it again.

Is there anybody out there who is able to burn a chip (or 2) for me so I can complete my project - of course I am willing to pay for the chips, the postage to the UK and of course your time in burning the chip , pacakging it and mailing it to the UK

I can email a Paypal Payment

If anybody can help me obtain the programmed chip, please let me know (sparkyman-AT-spark.orangehome.co.uk).

Many thanks for you help with this - thanks for reading this post.

Regards

Will

.....Many thanks to Terry......I now have a couple of programmed IC's and will be sourcing a few other components over the next week or two.

Is anybody familiar enough with the Nav-Lights project to help me with a question?

I won't be using the Landing Light feature, (Only really after 2x authentic twin blink strobes)mso have no need to use the Throttle channel as the Landing Light command switch - I can simply power the board from a spare channel on the Rx.....but;

..as Pin 4 of the IC is reliant upon the Throttle pulse signal in order to operate, can I pull this pin up to Vcc (or down to Vss) in order to trigger the Ic into operation ?

I was hoping to provide a simple jumper as an on/off switch, but not sure if this is possible ( as I have no idea of the code used, or how the PIC12F IC operates), and if it is possible to eliminate the throttle i/p, what components I need to hang off Pin 4 to limit the sink/source currents etc etc and get the device working with just an on/off switch??

Can anybody advise if It is poosible to do this and how to achieve it ?

Please excuse my ignorance - electronics is not something I have a lot of experience with...I'm learning all the time though !

Many Thanks

Will

..as Pin 4 of the IC is reliant upon the Throttle pulse signal in order to operate, can I pull this pin up to Vcc (or down to Vss) in order to trigger the Ic into operation ?

Sorry, but a simple logic level won't work. The device expects a real R/C servo signal.

pm me Will, I should be able to help.

Terry

Me too me too :) I'll pay via Paypal. I live in Australia and only need the programmer for one time use. Would you be able to do it for me as well?

my email is aelk5579-AT-gmail.com

Cheers

Adam

pm me Will, I should be able to help.

Terry

HI Terry,

Im looking to build the nav lights project, but Im looking to keep it cheap. Could you suggest the lowest cost suitable programmer. I would like to learn how to use pics and when if this project works out, I would like to do others. Ive downloaded the MPLABS software. What else would be required to program these chips? Would it be too cost prohibitive?

Thanks for your help.

Steven

Steven:

The lowest cost option is going to be the pickit 2 or 3 MAplins or microchip direct

STeve (in brstolium)

Edited by Xygax

Steven:

The lowest cost option is going to be the pickit 2 or 3 MAplins or microchip direct

STeve (in brstolium)

Thanks.. What are the chances of buying 2 or 3 preprogrammed chips from someone who knows what he is doing? :D

Steven