I am interested in fpv and wish to buy my first system, however, I need to know the maximum allowed transmitter power outputs for the 900MHz; 1.3GHz, 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz transmitters before I can proceed. Can anybody help me?

In what country are you? It's not obvious ;)

Sorry, I'm new to all this, I live in the U.K.

I have made some progress with this question by e-mailing Offcom and was informed that only the 2.4GHz choice is available to the U.K. public and more importantly the max Tx power o/p is restricted to 100mW on the ground and only 10mW airborn.

This came as a shock since I had been thinking about a 900MHz, 500mW system. I've been pouring over the internet and these systems seem to be quite readily available. Now that I realise the 10mW system is the only option I need to start searching again. I'm looking for the best Tx and Rx available and and would like to incorporate a diversity Rx with twin plate antenna.

Can anyone recommend a supplier for a "plug and go" system?

Many thanks.

In the UK we only have the option for 2.4Ghz at 10mW for video even if it's on the ground, 100mW is only for spread spectrum devices like wifi.

With luck we may have the option of 5.8Ghz soon as I see some of the large retailers are selling them as video senders. This has the sdded benifit of no wifi interference :)

Terry

In the UK we only have the option for 2.4Ghz at 10mW for video even if it's on the ground, 100mW is only for spread spectrum devices like wifi.

With luck we may have the option of 5.8Ghz soon as I see some of the large retailers are selling them as video senders. This has the sdded benifit of no wifi interference :)

Terry

Thanks for the reply.

Where do you look to find information about this type of thing? I'm having difficulty in locating a source for 10mW transmiters. Do you have a 10mW system? If so where did you get it? What kind of range do you get?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

I got my TX's from active robots, my RX's from ebay and my camera from range video.

10mW gives me between 1/4 and 1/2 mile but it's the wifi that is the limiting factor where I live.

Terry

Edited by Terry

I got my TX's from active robots, my RX's from ebay and my camera from range video.

10mW gives me between 1/4 and 1/2 mile but it's the wifi that is the limiting factor where I live.

Terry

Thanks for the Range Video linc, they seem to have exactly what's required. The 1/4 to 1/2 mile range you mentioned, is this with a patch antenna?

What did you think of the service provided by Range Video? How much was the shipping cost and what was the delivery time?

I've sent an e-mail asking about items in stock and am almost ready to place an order depending on advice from you.

Thanks Terry,

Jon

Yes 1/4 to 1/2 mile with 8dbi patch.

I dont remember the exact details but I think the camera came in about a week and was sent as gift at that time so no added cost. Not sure what he sends them as now though as this was last year. I would use him again for sure.

Terry

Yes 1/4 to 1/2 mile with 8dbi patch.

I dont remember the exact details but I think the camera came in about a week and was sent as gift at that time so no added cost. Not sure what he sends them as now though as this was last year. I would use him again for sure.

Terry

Thanks Terry. If Range Video have my items in stock I'll be orderring from them.

Sorry to return to a previous topic but it's occurred to me that maybe some sort of radio operaters licsence would allow me to use a more powerfull airborne A/V transmitter. Do you know if this is the case?

Jon

If you read the radio ham rules for the UK it is not allowed to operate for the air, but I know of a few that do with no problems as I know of many FPV flyers that use more power with no problems.

It's up to you at the end of the day if you want to take the risk, if you want my opinion then 100mW used in an open space away from houses is a very small risk.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

I sent an e-mail to Range Video last week asking about the availability of certain items and haven't had a reply so I'm assuming he's out of stock. NGH were more helpfull so I've placed an order with them for their 10mW system. Looking forward to experimenting with this.

Jon.

OK Jon, let us know how you get on.

Terry

NG Hobbies after sales service was excellent. The equipment works fine without any problems and I've outfitted an Easy Star with a brushless set up and a pan and tilt unit. I've had a bit of trouble masterring the Easy Star, very different to I.C. models, especially landing in the high winds we've been having recently, but I'm feeling confident enough to try it all out as soon as the weather breaks.

I do have one question about the camera plug/socket. I've managed to find out the manufacturer is MOLEX but I can't find anyone who can supply me with a connector fitted to an extension cable in the U.K. Can anyone help me with this? The camera is an NGH IF-FLT01CDN-P.

Many thanks.

Jon