Sign in to follow this  

Hi all

Are there any problems in using 1 aerial to receive 2 different signals on the same band on 2 receivers ?

I want to use the same aerial to receive both the signals from the pilots camera and the camera operators camera on different channels on the 2.4ghz band.

Are there any problems with interfierence with doing this ?

I did want to multiplex both cameras using 1 transmitter giving half the frame rate but I found it was beyond me :o(

Terry

UK

Because of impedance matching issues, you will degrade the performance if you parallel your stock antennas. You would need to use a low-loss matching network, which is a daunting task to build and test.

Also, it sounds like you would need to use coax to interconnect it all. Most coax feedline is a bit lossy at microwave freguencies. In some cases, even a couple of feet of it can impact your signal.

So, for best performance I suggest you use two different antennas. Mount them directly on the Rx's SMA connectors (skip coax altogether).

Thanks for your reply. I dont want to use side by side dishes so thats why Im trying to think of an alternative. My plan was to have the dish > preamp > quadrature type splitter > receivers. What do you think ?

Terry

UK

If you use a preamp with a VERY low noise floor and provide good impedance matching, then it should work to your satisfaction.

I am still looking at getting 2 video pictures via 1 transmitter and I received this comment the other day, is there any hope for this ?

In my humble opinion, it would be MUCH easier to frequency multiplex the two CVBS video signals, rather than time multiplex them.

With a carrier of 2.4GHz, you have plenty of bandwidth for two carriers separated by 3...5 MHz or so.

But it does depend on the signal bandwidth of your 2.4 GHz modulator & demodulator, whether it will take a signal up-shifted by 5MHz.

Terry

UK