Sign in to follow this  

I am interested in buying/building a low-cost wireless RF video system for a film production project I'm working on. I simply need to take the video out signal from a digital camcorder (both s-video and RCA video outputs are available) and transmit that video signal wirelessly to multiple LCD monitors and or TVs.

If anyone would be kind enough to comment on the applicability of your systems to this purpose, I'd be very grateful. If there is a newbie post section I should read, please direct me there as well.

Video image quality is the greatest concern, while range is not as important. The remote monitors and/or TVs will likely be within a couple hundred feet of the camera.

I am interested in buying/building a low-cost wireless RF video system for a film production project I'm working on. I simply need to take the video out signal from a digital camcorder (both s-video and RCA video outputs are available) and transmit that video signal wirelessly to multiple LCD monitors and or TVs.

If anyone would be kind enough to comment on the applicability of your systems to this purpose, I'd be very grateful. If there is a newbie post section I should read, please direct me there as well.

Video image quality is the greatest concern, while range is not as important. The remote monitors and/or TVs will likely be within a couple hundred feet of the camera.

You probably found out about this already, but anyway, here's the link:

http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?main_p...3d651abb6dbac99

Choose one of the systems that suits your area. You might like to try a 500mW TX to make sure it still works in noisy environments. (Oh, yes... Be aware that you might need a license for this amount of power. 10mW is ok without a license in all places I've heard of.)

Rangevideo offers TX and RX seperately so you can buy one TX and as many RXs as you need.

Enjoy! :-)

Edited by Hartwig