Sign in to follow this  
headhunter23

Stripping ls70 panasonic

Been thinking about this the last two days... I've stripped back casing, top casing and lcd off a panasonic ls70 and wondering if I can't go further... here's my idea.

What if I striped camera of all but necessary components. Full body, lcd, cap for flash, flash, batt compartment all gone, then lightly ca glue thing to how it would be setup if it were encased. Then make a box about same size, jam camera in and fill box with high density foam that's used for house. Would the foam build up some sort of static electricity and wreak components? Just thinking it would be A. more durable, b. light and a good replacement for my kx171, as well as on board recording so no drops.

Ideas? Suggestions... ^_^

Ivan.

Edited by headhunter23

Go for it. I've seen some creative camera chop jobs where the final result was a lens poking out of a blob wrapped in black plastic tape.

Am down to 52g, ca gluing the boards together. You sure the "great stuff" house foam won't cause static to damage the board or anything? Jmstech was saying he might be concerned about it, as I am.

Ivan.

It's not static that would concern me. I would be more worried about the out-gassing chemicals causing damage to the lens, imager, or switches.

The safest solution is to skip the expanding insulation foam idea. If you try it, use a very small amount at a time, along with lots of ventilation during the cure. And don't power the camera until the foam is FULLY cured.

You can always start with a cheap camera and see if the concept is a success.