Sign in to follow this  
drmarty

K150 USB PIC Programmer

The forum has been great help even in my dumbness so far. And now my latest problem. I found my first progammer was a Flash only and wouldn't work so I looked around and it seemed the Kitsrus K150 USB PIC Programmer would be fine. To speed things up I bought it assembled and tested and got the 40 pin ZIF socket for it. I am using a lab power supply for the necessary 16 volts DC so that shouldn't be a problem and when I power it up I get a power light on. I am having trouble getting my computer to recognize the board. I have all the latest software and the required drivers for the USB chip on the board (FTDI) I have reinstalled them several times and even restored my Win XP machine back to a clean status and reinstalled everything twice. When I plug or unplug the board my computer boinks like it knows a USB device is there. I have e-mailed Peter at Kitsrus and am eagerly awiting his response but I was hoping someone on this forum has used the K150 and may have some insight.

Thanks, again.

Getting closer (I think)

Marty

Hi there, I have one of these units and mine is working well under XP.

Did you manage to get yours working?

I can let you know the settings of mine if this helps.

The forum has been great help even in my dumbness so far. And now my latest problem. I found my first progammer was a Flash only and wouldn't work so I looked around and it seemed the Kitsrus K150 USB PIC Programmer would be fine. To speed things up I bought it assembled and tested and got the 40 pin ZIF socket for it. I am using a lab power supply for the necessary 16 volts DC so that shouldn't be a problem and when I power it up I get a power light on. I am having trouble getting my computer to recognize the board. I have all the latest software and the required drivers for the USB chip on the board (FTDI) I have reinstalled them several times and even restored my Win XP machine back to a clean status and reinstalled everything twice. When I plug or unplug the board my computer boinks like it knows a USB device is there. I have e-mailed Peter at Kitsrus and am eagerly awiting his response but I was hoping someone on this forum has used the K150 and may have some insight.

Thanks, again.

Getting closer (I think)

Marty

I think the problem here is that you have the latest updates from the web: there is no match between your hardware's firmware and the software you got (Same thing happened to me).

If this is the case, what you have to do is to go back along updates timeline and try one at a time, install and test. You should find the one that is good for your programmer. Once you have to "match" you can now upgrade your programming software. To do this, get a second PIC16F628 and programmed it with the .HEX file included in the new version's folder and then replace the one that came with your KIT.

Here is a site where you can find more info about this problem:

http://www.kitsrus.com/pic.html

Hope it helps.