Neptune769

Hitachi Vk-S234, VK-S274R & others

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would put this info out on the table. If your looking for high quality cameras take a look at these. They are made by Hitachi. I own the following. VK-S914, VK-S234, VK-S274R & VK-S454R. They are all used in American Dynamics/Sensormatic PTZ cameras. The PTZs are known by the names Delta Dome and Speed Dome Ultra I - VIII. The camera blocks are controlled with RS232. The 4 mentioned are all color NTSC. They have 16x, 12x, 22x & 23x internal optical zoom respectively. The dimensions are rather small for the what you get. Length is 86mm, width 50mm & hight 60mm. I have the RS232 control commands in PDF as well as the Service manual for the VK-S274R. I also have the PDF file of the sales brochures for all except the VK-S234. I think the control commands will be the same for all the cameras. The reason I think this is because I am controlling all for cameras with 1 Touch Tracker 16E. I can control the zoom, iris, shutter speed, manual focus, also a privicy mask. That allows you to block off portions of the picture area. If you would like more info on the camera blocks or the PTZs feel free to ask me. I have attached two photos of the VK-S274R. The second is just showing the serial, power & video connector. BTW the camera block uses 9vdc and the PTZ camera combo 18 - 30vac. Yes AC. You can also Google any of the items mentioned.

Regards,

Dennis

post-4731-1214273279_thumb.jpg

post-4731-1214273306_thumb.jpg

I have a kind of similar camera with the same feature set, really nice too. It also has an OSD menu and buttons that allow to do all the configuration on the cam itself. One very cool thing is that zoom/focus can not only be controlled by RS232, but also by simply driving 2 lines high/low or left floating. As the zoom is the only thing I'd be using in flight and need radio-controlled (the others are set on the ground pretty much permanently anyway) it saves from having to implement the whole RS232 protocol, it only took me an hour to write a quick servo pulse decoder with 3 zones that turn the output low, floating and high.

Hi Dennis

We are trying get one of these cameras working and I would really appreciate any info of the code or protocol that is used and how it works/how to generate it. Many thanks in anticipation. Paul

Hello Dennis i have got one of these cameras and would be very greatfull if you will send me the info on controlling the zoom function many thanks

navimon-AT-hotmail.co.uk

Hi am am also interested in the vk-s914E cameras

i am triing to find the rs232 protocol for this one

can you please help me out

Gretings Mark Tits

Hello Dennis,

would you be able to send these information and doc to me?

I have a VK-S914E camera I wish to controle via a RS232 port for a rbotic project, but cannot find anything on the web.

Many thanks,

Cyril

cyrilrossignol-AT-yahoo.com

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would put this info out on the table. If your looking for high quality cameras take a look at these. They are made by Hitachi. I own the following. VK-S914, VK-S234, VK-S274R & VK-S454R. They are all used in American Dynamics/Sensormatic PTZ cameras. The PTZs are known by the names Delta Dome and Speed Dome Ultra I - VIII. The camera blocks are controlled with RS232. The 4 mentioned are all color NTSC. They have 16x, 12x, 22x & 23x internal optical zoom respectively. The dimensions are rather small for the what you get. Length is 86mm, width 50mm & hight 60mm. I have the RS232 control commands in PDF as well as the Service manual for the VK-S274R. I also have the PDF file of the sales brochures for all except the VK-S234. I think the control commands will be the same for all the cameras. The reason I think this is because I am controlling all for cameras with 1 Touch Tracker 16E. I can control the zoom, iris, shutter speed, manual focus, also a privicy mask. That allows you to block off portions of the picture area. If you would like more info on the camera blocks or the PTZs feel free to ask me. I have attached two photos of the VK-S274R. The second is just showing the serial, power & video connector. BTW the camera block uses 9vdc and the PTZ camera combo 18 - 30vac. Yes AC. You can also Google any of the items mentioned.

Regards,

Dennis

Hello Everyone,

Regards,

Dennis

I take it that the RS232 is TTL levels.

I have a block camera The model tag says " DIS327N " not found on the web.

I've tried the Sony commands with no luck. It does have Sony chips in the camera but the Hitachi camera do all so.

I have tried to send commands to it and so far no luck.

Have you ever use a Oscope or read the voltage at the RS232 connection. All my levels are at 4.7 volts and they go low during power

up . It has 8 ASCII charters after power up , my RS232 tracer program tells me. " D3 2C 6F 20 26 AB 46 30 "

The Protocol Hitachi command.pdf file show that it all ways starts with a ":" a hex 3A. my unit all ways send a Hex D3 ?

The Sony Protocol should start with hex 81 for address #1

Do these units use Inverted RS232 logic ?

Please Help if you can. Or code would also help.

cbeener-AT-columbus.rr.com

CharlesB

Edited by CharlesB

Hi all

I have 10 of the vk-s234 they are still in the p+t housings and all work

but im looking for the pin out on the 9 pin ribbon cable if any one can help

I have the software to control the p+t unit from 232 port but im looking to remove the camera

and use it in another project

any help would be greatfully received and if anyone want the pc software please ask

or PM

Hi all

I have 10 of the vk-s234 they are still in the p+t housings and all work

but im looking for the pin out on the 9 pin ribbon cable if any one can help

I have the software to control the p+t unit from 232 port but im looking to remove the camera

and use it in another project

any help would be greatfully received and if anyone want the pc software please ask

or PM

Hi

I'm not sure if this will help but it's how all Hitachi Camera's are Conected in the PTZ camera's repair.

I was hoping someone might have the software to set the back focus up on these.

Pete

post-6077-127919188587_thumb.png

Bringing up a dead subject .. Anyone have the SMAP_IBM dos application for these?

I did find a very useful site for most things to do with the camera "http://nemocam.com/" has some software most service manuals.

I could really use the DOS programme though no one seems to have it, I need it to set back focus and colour, without it the camera lens are next to impossible to fix unless you get real lucky.

Edited by Pelcopete