Sign in to follow this  
headhunter23

Need quick answer, what is minimum optimum distance for rx and tx on a

Ok, sorry if it's been asked before, don't have a lot of time to go searching through database or google, so hoping one of ya guys knows the answer.

Am building giant wing, putting both video tx and rx on opposite sides of the wing. Wondering what the optimum minimum distance from centre(electronics, camera, anyvolt, batt, esc etc) that would work out well. Yes I know I should put them right at the edges of the wings, but looking to keep weight near the front so I don't have to add too much ballast as right now it looks like I need to add a lot to the nose.

Ivan.

No optimum, just the further the better.

The minimum depends on your gear, tx power, frequencies used ect.

Terry

nugh... kinda the answer I was expecting. tx is 900mhz rangvideo .5w and receiver is spektrum 7000 on 2.4ghz.

Any idea how close this stuff can get to other electronics before some sort of interference?

Ivan.

The short answer is no, I have never used any of those.

It all depends on how good the spektrum is at rejecting the 900Mhz and how clean the 900Mhz output is.

With my 459Mhz and 2.4Ghz I find 6 inches is plenty.

Terry

Set it up and test it on your work bench if you need a definitive answer for your particular equipment. I don't think your setup would be any different than Terry's and would have the same results......

You also need to ve careful about the wiring. Distance alone isn't the only factor, if some wires are run in the way they act as an antenna they can catch the RF signal and conduct it to the receiver again even if it's on the other side. That's why there's no answer to your original question, the only real answer comes by trial and error.

Edited by Kilrah

Ok that I hadn't heard of before, wires are pretty much opposite from each other, one side for receiver, other to tx. Was flying zagi the other day, came up with yet another issue, I've been googling for a while and haven't seen a way to protect prop for a zagi style wing. I really don't want to rely on prop saver nor having to catch each time. Unrelated question to thread but anyone see a way of protecting prop?

Ivan

nugh... kinda the answer I was expecting. tx is 900mhz rangvideo .5w and receiver is spektrum 7000 on 2.4ghz.

Any idea how close this stuff can get to other electronics before some sort of interference?

Ivan.

i use that setup on my blade 400 mate so couple of inches apart is working fine for me ;)

blade 400 AVP FPV setup