Hi guys, hope I chose the right place to post this? I am after a camera to fit onto the eye piece of my Canon 40D, I know it does have video out, but it only outputs AFTER taking a photo & if I use live-view from the 40D, it doesn't focus :(

So anyone have any ideas as to what camera I could attach so that I get a live view through the eye piece, it doesn't have to be a built in TX as I have a TX already strapped onto my heli ship, so a good output from the cam is a must...not to heavy either guys ;)

Ross

Get any good 1/3" CCD, and add it a 12mm lens to get a correct viewfinder image (you'll see a bit of the black frame around). If that bugs you you can get a 1/4" CCD, this will this time crop a bit of the viewfinder image.

Or ditch that stupid canon cam with its unusable live view and get yourself a Sony A300/A350 that will do just what you want ;)

Get any good 1/3" CCD, and add it a 12mm lens to get a correct viewfinder image (you'll see a bit of the black frame around). If that bugs you you can get a 1/4" CCD, this will this time crop a bit of the viewfinder image.

Or ditch that stupid canon cam with its unusable live view and get yourself a Sony A300/A350 that will do just what you want ;)

Thanks Kilrah. Will get a 1/3ccd with 12mm lens. I can't ditch my stupid canon 40D, what about all my L glass lenses?? My 40D is my living :P

Ross

Thanks Kilrah. Will get a 1/3ccd with 12mm lens. I can't ditch my stupid canon 40D, what about all my L glass lenses?? My 40D is my living tongue.gif

Ross

Buy a used 7D or a T2I to save weight and money, but get the best of both worlds. I love my 7D and my 5DmkII even more. Now if I can figure out how to control the 5DmkII from the ground FPV, that would answer my questions.