Sign in to follow this  
Sibster

Oracle as a 4 way diversity system...

Hello there,

i was thinking of putting a 4way diversity system together from 3 Oracle systems. Obviously, 2 oracles for 4 patch antennas and the third oracle for pipeing the two singals into one. Ok, but this will bring much more cables and other problems to my ground station. So my question is:

Mr.RC-Cam will there be any new Oracle system in the future that will cover a 4-way diversity system? Lets say the Oracle version II. I dream of a slighty bigger Oracle box with 4 video inputs and 1 video out (also, a second buffered video out).

Any info (or project kick off), will be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Sibi

Several users that have taken an Oracle to bridge two YellowJacket diversities to form a 4-way system. I hear it works great. I have not run into anyone that has used a bunch of Oracles to do that. I've done it on the bench and it performed as expected, so the basic idea has merit. If you try it, please let us know how it works out.

There is a 4-way "Oracle" design on the table. Has been for several months and the original plan was to have formal beta testing something this fall. We have functional prototype hardware and some crude software running on it. But, we are going to delay the product until sometime next year for a variety of marketing reasons. It is a very complex design (it's not just a couple Oracles in a single box). But it will be very cool with features that will surprise a few folks.

There is a 4-way "Oracle" design on the table. Has been for several months and the original plan was to have formal beta testing something this fall. We have functional prototype hardware and some crude software running on it. But, we are going to delay the product until sometime next year for a variety of marketing reasons. It is a very complex design (it's not just a couple Oracles in a single box). But it will be very cool with features that will surprise a few folks.

Brilliant! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear ;) So'll wait for next year :D

Thanks,

Sibi

I currently use an Oracle to choose between a Black Widow Diversity and a Lawmate Rx. I gues you could call it 3-way diversity or triversity? I think it makes a marked improvement over regular diversity. The BW has (2) 8db circular polarized patches and the lawmate has a high gain omni. I would love to go to 4-way or 6 way diversity. Until someone comes up with a reproduceable antenna tracker, I think diversification systems are the way to go.

-dave