JensKa

Taming DE Anyvolt Micro output noise?

Hi there electronic experts,

I use an Anyvolt Micro from DE to regulate 3.5...4.2V (a 1s Lipo) input to 3.3v output. I power my FPV setup with it: Airwave 450mW TX and a CMOS cam. The setup is drawing 800mA total from the battery.

So now I do see some stripes in the video - nothing major, but they are visible. I assume that these come from the Anyvolt's noise.

Does anyone know a way to tame the noise?

Thanks a lot in advance :-)) Jens

Edited by JensKa

The LC type solution is the only one that worked for me. Just adding caps was a waste of time.

You mean the Caps+Coil solution from the DE website, or something else? Do you have the exact types that you used to tame yours?

Thx, Jens

Their LC (inductor/cap) filter is the last drawing in the app note. To eliminate video noise from my DE switcher I had to put a LC filter on both the input and output of the supply. I used all SMD components (short component leads are a must) and a custom PCB. But, I suggest you start with their app note and go from there.

... I had to put a LC filter on both the input and output of the supply.

Do I understand correctly, you soldered the filter directly on the DE regulator?

That would be very handy, since I also power my Airwave TX in parallel to the cam. And this would eliminate the noise towards the TX also.

What rate of inductor coil did you use? I found a small type of suppression coils on the web, inductance 14uH, rated up to 0.7A current LINK Will these work?

Btw, I found that DE's Anyvolt is overrated with my 800mA current. So I try to switch to 2s lipo instead to get the current down. :rolleyes:

Thx again, Jens

Edited by JensKa

I used a custom PCB that the DE Regulator dropped onto. For your project, just follow DE's "LC" app note and go from there.