Sign in to follow this  
headhunter23

Mmm... how do I soldier homemade lipo's?

Ok I have 6 of these laying around. I've tried my hand before at soldiering these things before and apparently the soldier doesn't stick, not even with flux. So now I'm thinking it's pressed together or something. Any idea's on how to join together and connect a couple wires up? From what I've searched theres a tool, but there's gotta be a work around or a trick. <_<

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES...?idProduct=4355

They are 100mah 3.7v cells...

Ivan.

Edited by headhunter23

Will see if local electronics store has it, I doubt it though. No other ways eh? Can't use some bubble gum or a clamp of some style?

Edited by headhunter23

Well, bubble gum is not as reliable. But certainly more fruity tasting. I'd lean towards doing it with the special flux.

You can alway send me a couple to try then I can tell you how I did it :D

Terry

tempting after my first few tries without the magic stuff(luminum flux). The last try I wrapped the wires with the aluminium tabs and procedeed to soldier the heck out of them till the aluminum tabs were enveloped. Needless to say, didn't work. :( and managed to screw up 2 450mah cells. :(

completely off topic but any u guys see the new 1g biowire servo's at UH? Neat... so tempting to make ultra ultra light ship now... they seem to have everything to do it. Just checking...

2g servo's(2 servos, one elevator, one ailerons)

1g esc(uses 1s)

2g motor(1s)

2g receiver(for dx7)

3g batt(100mah 1s)

total without plane and without weight reducing the wires...

10g

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES...?idProduct=6405

Edited by headhunter23

Biowires (muscle wire) servos are fairly slow and consume up to 8o, 100, ma for actuation, but nice & lightweight (except possibly for the battery).

I think IIRC, a zinc base flux or solder is used for the al tabs.

one of the guys that had bought it said it was very quick response, didn't know about the high consumptions, always seems to be one downside to everything.

I maybe should have said slow response compared to the usual servo....... Probably fine for a sport plane, but definatly not a 3D or pattern servo.