Sign in to follow this  
carlei_aeromidia

Creative Antenna arrangement

For all buddies, specially Bill and Cyber-Flyer,

I have two 1Watt Blackwidowav 2.4 GHz transmitters, 3 receivers, one 18dB CP patch antenna, two 8dB CP patch antenna, two Ground plane turnstile Cyber-flyer-like antenna, and I have formulated some ideas on how to get best performance. Before trying them, what do you think of me doing this:

One video camera connected by RCA adapter to both transmitters with GP antenna, one horizontal polarized and another vertical polarized (selecting different channels). On the ground I will use two CP patch antenna (8dB) both vertical polarized but facing opposite sides and connected by a SMA adapter to the same receiver. Another CP patch antenna (18dB) will be horizontal polarized connected to another receiver, and both receivers (with the same channels selected in the transmitters) connected to the same TV monitor by a RCA adaptor.

May it work? :D or may it be frustrating? :unsure:

Regards,

Roberto Carlei.

Hi Roberto,

You are on the right track but...

you are receving on the same channel while transmitting on two different. Or did I miss something?

How do you plan to connect output of all the receivers? You'll need an electronic switch to select the best receiver.

On the ground I will use two CP patch antenna (8dB) both vertical polarized but facing opposite sides and connected by a SMA adapter to the same receiver

This is not a bad idea! I want to build something like this for myself to make 360 coverage using two pairs of opposing patch antennas. What exactly do you mean by vertically polarized CP antenna?

Regards,

Val.

Edited by cyber-flyer

Hi Val,

you are receving on the same channel while transmitting on two different. Or did I miss something?

I meant one receiver on one channel with two CP patch antenna positioned vertical but opposite, and another receiver on different channel with a CP patch antenna positioned horizontal, then both video signal acquired by both receivers converges to a RCA adapter to a common video monitor.

Does it make sense? :unsure:

What exactly do you mean by vertically polarized CP antenna?

I meant positioned vertically. Is that a nonsense? Sorry, I am miles away from being an electronics genius. :D

Regards,

Roberto Carlei.