Sign in to follow this  
Jamez_Warner

Increasing 27mhz/40Mhz radio range

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on increasing the range on my 27mhz/40mhz radio systems, im using a ground based tank with wireless video - but my radio control runs out of range before the video does !

I realise modifying for more rf power is probably too much hassle - but how about upgrading antenna's?

James

Hi james

Are you using a toy type transmitter or a model type transmitter ?

Terry

UK

A long time ago I had a 27mhz model boat with that transmitter and I got about 1/4mile range. If you are operating it though walls and stuff its going to be much less. The best thing you can do is keep the aerial as long as you can on the tank and point it stait up, also keep the electrical noise low as poss by using good suppresion on your motors. Oh and keep all of your radio gear in the tank away from the motors and batteries. See how that goes ;)

Terry

UK

I had a look in the past to see if it was possible to change the antenna for a higher gain.. and unfortunately found that it would require HUGE ones...

i was talking in some CB radio forums and someone suggested building my own linear amplifier with from a transistor and this test circuit

http://www.cbtricks.com/galaxy/datasheets/...pdf/2sc2166.pdf

the transistor only costs about 7 bucks at ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

anyone have experience with building circuits, you'd be my best friend if u'd build one for me

The links are dead. this is the kinda thread I am looking for. anyone find any answers . the thread hasnt been updated in awhile. maybe a dead subject.