remzibi

A poor man's OSD

Thanks for the update. Is the project open source (hardware/software)? I didn't see any mention of that at the happykillmore site.

Thanks for the update. Is the project open source (hardware/software)? I didn't see any mention of that at the happykillmore site.

It is open hardware project under TAPR licence , so not copy and sale allowed - but for personal use no problem . Naked printed bards avaliable or ready devices as complete with(or without) GPS modules .

Software is not open source but all compiled files are avaliable , as firmware , font and config files and PC software (in fact all included in PC software).

It is open hardware project under TAPR license , so not copy and sale allowed - but for personal use no problem .

Thanks for the info. I needed to verify if this was a commercial item or DiY project to determine if the discussion was in the correct forum.

The open hardware is a nice feature; If it is not too much trouble, please post a direct link to the material so that others can quickly find it.

Dear Remzibi,

I wan to build 01 set for my hobby, but might you explain some part like L1P,L2V and L3A ( ? uHenrry), and some part in shematic don't have value. Might you drawn it by Eagle ?

Thanks alot,

Jean Martin

....I wan to build 01 set for my hobby, but might you explain some part like L1P,L2V and L3A ( ? uHenrry), ...

This parts are inductances - all can be 4,7 to 10uH - goot to add some inductances at both ENG input - also for all ADC inputs - this will help to cut noises from/to RC circuit .

If you need naked PCB , write me at PM or at remzibi1-AT-poczta.onet.pl

Hi Remzibi - PMOSD worked OK over the summer, apart from I put the altitude number too close to the symbol, so it kept counting up to 99 then starting again!

Is there a simple way to blank the OSD display? I know you're not keen on providing an interface to the R/C receiver, but I really would prefer to be able to remove the OSD from the video when I'm just flying around enjoying the view.

Doofer

....Is there a simple way to blank the OSD display? I know you're not keen on providing an interface to the R/C receiver, but I really would prefer to be able to remove the OSD from the video when I'm just flying around enjoying the view.

Doofer

I had some questions about - i will consider T1 input (new board design) for this purpose coneccted to any free RC channel , however all depends from freee space in chip .

For now this 16K small chip holding suprisly lot of informations , countings and functions but one timer is still free :) .

Hi Remzibi. Still loving the PMOSD, currently sitting on a quadrocopter.

The quad loses full control in winds over ~20 kph = slides into the ground sideways.

As a consequence, it would be GREAT to be able to set an alarm when ground speed exceeds 20kph (OK, it would be ideal to have an alarm when flightspeed > 20kph, but let's keep it simple). I note that alarms are only available on certain indicators - is there an update which makes them available for all indicators?

Oh, and another request - can we set a default where the OSD has a "No GPS lock" indicator, which changes to 'GPS lock' followed by zeroing the position. It is driving me NUTS to have to return to my model after switch-on to zero everything once the GPS has achieved lock...

... but PMOSD is still great....

My one dose auto zero, you just tell it how many sats it needs before it dose it.

Terry

My one dose auto zero, you just tell it how many sats it needs before it dose it.

Terry

Ah, thanks for the prompt! I'd assumed that was just an un-implemented feature - mine was set to the same... once it'd found 8 satellites, which around here, at ground level, it never does. Too many houses in the way. Re-set to 5 sats, and it auto-zeros nicely!