Sign in to follow this  
geekdisk

I love FPV! -Vid of the latest flight t-rex 450

I had to cut the clip short, the actual flight was about 12 minutes long. I put back 1700mah onto the 2200 3S main battery. I found that eliminating vibrations really helped a lot.

Looks pretty good, you have pictures? Howd ya mount and reduce vibrations? I find it's pretty rare that the helicopter video's are able to remove the vibrations, seems even the professional ships still have vibrations.

Ivan.

All I did was mount the camera and video TX with Futaba Zeal tape. It's a kind of greenish rubber and is the best at isolating vibration. I use it also to cushion the video TX whip antenna.

I also start out with a perfectly balanced and vibration free heli build. I balance the heli in stages:

1. Remove mail blades, flybar paddles but leave flybar installed and also remove the tail blades -spin up the heli and correct vibrations. Also BALANCE main blades, flybar paddles and tail blades!

2. Repeat above but install flybar paddles

3. repeat above but also install tail blades

4. repeat above but also install main blades -everything should be ready to fly now.

My t-rex flies smooth as silk, but it's all due to about an hour's worth of careful balancing.