Sign in to follow this  
jonforstedavies

Airwave pcb

Hi I've just got hold of some Airwave 611 modules thinking they would be easy to get up and running but having seen the pitch of the pins I'm a little daunted. I suppose I could manufacture my own pcb but before I go down that route I want to ask if anybody knows of a source for a ready made circuit board. I've searched the forum and had some tantalising hints but can't find anything concrete. Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks

Jon Davies

Edited by jonforstedavies

Hi I've just got hold of some Airwave 611 modules thinking they would be easy to get up and running but having seen the pitch of the pins I'm a little daunted. I suppose I could manufacture my own pcb but before I go down that route I want to ask if anybody knows of a source for a ready made circuit board. I've searched the forum and had some tantalising hints but can't find anything concrete. Can anyone hrlp me with this.

Thanks

Jon Davies

You should go very much on your own. All of us make some small pcb to fit the airwave modules that require a pcb. Sometime ago Aeropix did have a "PCB with airwave module" in a kit, don´t know if they still are offering this or not. But you´d have to buy the airwave module from them I think.

try at nghobbies

In my private opinion - better way is to made the custom boards , I am sure there will be better developed , and I am sure will be not so hot at work .

The only problem is that you neet to made your own libraries for the modules layout , however it is not a problem to made a board without any library , just put the pads in right places .

In this is topic is picture of mine airwave board - they working very well - http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=20941

Edited by remzibi

In my private opinion - better way is to made the custom boards ,

I'm pretty sure th eprice will be low, it do not justify to do it yourself.

You can also try at Aeropix.ch

Not these :- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120345455638

I saw these plugs and thought they looked suitable for the Airwave module. Tried to get more info from the seller, even sent them the data sheet of the Harwin M50-3000545 connectors but they couldn't confirm a match. They promised to contact their supplier but after waiting for two weeks and no conclusion I decided to splash out the $10 (what the heck it's only money) to establish their suitability. They arrived today and one glance showed they were far too big. At least I know now for sure. Any one want to buy some plugs?

Hi I've just got hold of some Airwave 611 modules thinking they would be easy to get up and running but having seen the pitch of the pins I'm a little daunted. I suppose I could manufacture my own pcb but before I go down that route I want to ask if anybody knows of a source for a ready made circuit board. I've searched the forum and had some tantalising hints but can't find anything concrete. Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks

Jon Davies

Guys, I have ordered an AWM612tx and a AWM623rx a long long time ago, and only now I had time to assemble them together....

I have modified a version made by JBVM Delemarre(passed away on 22 December 2005):

http://www.delemarre.ciscon.nl/id49.htm

I have the PCBs for it, if anyone is interested, here is attached a picture, but I can send the real files so you can print it....

I also have the pictures of them assembled, I will send it later...

Best Regards,

Tony

post-2189-1245292080_thumb.jpg

post-2189-1245292096_thumb.jpg

I've got the same modules and had the same thoughts. I made an Eagle library for the part and will send that to you if it would help?

I tried looking for sockets but couldn't come up with anything the right size.

Thanks

Jon Davies