pilotoespacial

technical advise required to create a "Monitoring helicopter&quot

Hi everyone

I am trying to create a RC Helicopter able to work as a monitoring tool to look for invasive plants in remote areas of the Galapagos Islands. Ideally the helicopter will be able to fly a least for 30 minutes and be controlled at the distance of 500 to 1000 m, it has to include a GPS to guide the monitoring route and a transmitter camera to transfer the imagines of the vegetation.

I am new in this field and so any suggestion about types of helicopter, brands and any additional technical information will be very useful. We are looking for the most economical but effective material which can be able to helps us to reduce costs.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Jorge

Edited by pilotoespacial

Hi everyone

I am trying to create a RC Helicopter able to work as a monitoring tool to look for invasive plants in remote areas of the Galapagos Islands. Ideally the helicopter will be able to fly a least for 30 minutes and be controlled at the distance of 500 to 1000 m, it has to include a GPS to guide the monitoring route and a transmitter camera to transfer the imagines of the vegetation.

I am new in this field and so any suggestion about types of helicopter, brands and any additional technical information will be very useful. We are looking for the most economical but effective material which can be able to helps us to reduce costs.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

I've got quite a lot to say on this.......

I've been developing my own design of flying camera / payload platform for two years now - we are test flying now and we hope to be onsale in about 2 months, although from what you say, I'm not sure our platform would be suitable for you.

However, I have over the couple of years researched and investigated all options for this kind of machine. I have studied and been in contact with almost all manufacturers of complete systems and componenets appropriate to these kind of applications from countries all over the world including USA, Canada, Switzerland, Spain, France, UK, Germany, Austria, Pakistan, Russia, Australia, New Zealand and more, and I would be happy to help you.

You must understand that this is a big subject and you have many options available (this is a growing market), but to narrow it down requires much more detail on your exact requirements. Here are just some of the areas to consider:

> the equiptment you need to carry to undertake the survey (camera types etc), including weight and power requirements, and the level of control you need to have over that equiptment during each flight

> the level of platform stability required to operate the equiptment and successfully carry out each survey

> the weather and other environmental conditions under which the machine must operate

> the level of skill of the pilots you have available - if you are flying up 1000m away you will need a reasonable level of autonomy as it is impossible to fly by eye at that range!

> the impact of different systems on the local environment - this can include anything from the choice of fuel (which can be very hazardous to nature) to noise, threats to birds etc etc

> the availabilty of parts and equiptment for maintenance and repair.

> budget

> long term reliabilty

> in field durability - also based on the nature of the operating environment

Whats above is really just the beginning but as i said, I'm aware of almost every option available, so if you can supply a lot more detail along the lines of what I've mentioned above, I'd be happy to help.

It might easier if you contact me direct at this email:

info-AT-overview.biz

All the best,

Alex