zeldorf

Hobbyist looking for UK PCB manufacturers

Hi all,

Up to now I have made my own PCBs, but my kit is getting old and tired. I'm also rather limited as I can't do through hole plating or the nice extras like silk screening and solder masks without a heavy investment in extra kit. For anyone interested I found this site ages ago about making PCBs (http://www.thinktink.com/stack/volumes/volvi/pcbproto.htm)

I'm looking for somewhere to get a few small PCBs made, typically one or two boards per design. I use the freeware version of Eagle for capture and layout, so the boards will be small ;)

So far Top Tec PCB (top-tec-pcb.com) seems to be the most reasonable for small orders but I wouldn't have said cheap. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they OK?

Please tell me, who's your favourite fab shop?

Thanks,

Simon

Thanks, lots of usefull info on that page though it seems to lean towards DIY as the best option. I didn't know you could get inserts to do through hole plating.

I would much prefer the DIY route but I'm temporarily back living with my parents at the moment and just don't have the space.

Xelax: I'd heard of the sparkfun service and found their forum but couldn't oddly couldn't find their website! I'll check it out but would like to use an in-country service ideally. It's a pain getting nailed with import duty and brokers fees...

jonforstedavies: thanks for the suggestion, but I've had bad experiences with ebay in the past and won't go near it now.

Thanks guys,

Simon :D

Hi all,

Up to now I have made my own PCBs, but my kit is getting old and tired. I'm also rather limited as I can't do through hole plating or the nice extras like silk screening and solder masks without a heavy investment in extra kit. For anyone interested I found this site ages ago about making PCBs (http://www.thinktink...vi/pcbproto.htm)

I'm looking for somewhere to get a bga assembly typically one or two boards per design. I use the freeware version of Eagle for capture and layout, so the boards will be small wink.gif

So far Top Tec PCB (top-tec-pcb.com) seems to be the most reasonable for small orders but I wouldn't have said cheap. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they OK?

Please tell me, who's your favourite fab shop?

Thanks,

Simon

Since you're in the UK, look at pcbpool.com, I believe they manufacture in Ireland. Not so far away, really.

pcb manufacturer

Edited by davejo
  • Like 1

Greetings from New England (USA)

Google "DelTang" in the UK, check the website, ask David if he can help you.

Good luck!

Dan