dschmid37

Top R/C-Gun AWS Misfiring

First of all, I must say, I love the Top R/C-Gun AWS. I've prchased severall PNP units and am very happy with them!

However.......I have a Sryker with a BP21 brushless motor that keeps triggering my "gun" with a strike. I have the full throttle firing option setup (so the gun fires at full throttle), and that works fine, but sometimes when I make a downwind turn at top speed the prop must hit a pitch that triggers as a hit. I can be flying by myself and get hit 4 or 5 times on a flight. I know I'm a great shot B) but I don't want to shoot myself!

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a fix for it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

This issue has been reported before. It is indeed caused by the audible noise from the prop and/or brushless motor. First thing to try is to experiment with the mounting location of the SCM. If that does not work out then try a different prop.

This issue has been reported before. It is indeed caused by the audible noise from the prop and/or brushless motor. First thing to try is to experiment with the mounting location of the SCM. If that does not work out then try a different prop.

Thanks Mr.RC-Cam.

I just found it here.....

http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2022

Please report back on your results.

I know this is late but......I relocated the sonic combat module underneath the Stryker and about 6" forward of the factory location.

I had to move my battery (a 3s 2100 mAh lipo) as far back as it would go in the battery compartment, but the module is working fine now.

No misfire issues at all!

Thanks again!

Dan