Hi,

Please can you help me with some Video splitter (video distribution amplifier) ? I need connect video camera and video googles with video receiver(one imput and two outputs) . Have you some circuit for this purpose?

Thanks

Miroslav

I had made one - but you're better going with a ready unit as one of the chips I used plus postage would cost nearly more without the PCB and accessory components.

I had made one - but you're better going with a ready unit as one of the chips I used plus postage would cost nearly more without the PCB and accessory components.

Can you send me the diagram ? Which chip do you use ?

Thanks.

What bandwidth does the video signal require and is it set at any particular frequency?

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

I used a MAX4222, and made a board that was easy to power either by 5V or 7-12V, and had RCA plugs but still could be cut to a much smaller size for use onboard using solder pads instead of plugs. There's a jumper to select between 2 2-way buffers or 1 4-way one.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Kilrah/buffer.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Kil...uffer_board.jpg

Note that I skipped the video AC coupling caps on the inputs and outputs, knowing that all my video equipment had those on their side, so I could save a bit of space for when used onboard. It's not the case with all video equipment, so to do things correctly you'd add those.

I only made 2 and have now cut them to the "onboard" size, and use commercial units with a nice metal case for my ground equipment. One of them was used in a broadcast setup once ;)

It is only for composite video PAL signal , bandwidth is not more than 6MHz.

Yeah.. Of course. Too many late nights with a tired brain for me...

The video signal would be connected to 2 75 ohm inputs which is 37.5 ohm. The will pull the video signal lower than it should be giving a dark picture. It can also give other problems depending on the equipment used.

Terry