Sign in to follow this  
alank

Confused about FCC part 15 antenna connectors

I understand that FCC part 15 insists that a non-standard TX antenna connector is used. Does the same apply to the RX antenna? I've read the FCC blurb over and over again, but I can't see much mention of the RX antenna connector.

Also I see quite a few posts where it is recommended not to use coax cable to connect the RX antenna to the RX module. Would this apply with a 415MHz (or 433MHz) system? I'm using 10cm of cable.

Many thanks.

I've read the FCC blurb over and over again, but I can't see much mention of the RX antenna connector.

When operating under FCC Part 15 rules you are free to use whatever Rx antenna connector you wish.

I'm using 10cm of cable.

10cm of coax that is rated for the application and properly terminated low loss RF connectors would not be a problem with 415MHz RF. Feedpath loss would be negligible.

When operating under FCC Part 15 rules you are free to use whatever Rx antenna connector you wish.

10cm of coax that is rated for the application and properly terminated low loss RF connectors would not be a problem with 415MHz RF. Feedpath loss would be negligible.

Just what I wanted to hear on both isues! Many thanks.