Sign in to follow this  
SycoSim

Camcorders with AV IN

hi

Im from the UK and im struggling finding a camcorder with av in, I want one because of the high bit rate on these as the av recorders I have found / got only get to about 4mb/s which is reasonable but not as good as mini dv!

The mini dv camcorders seem to be very rare at the moment (ones with AV)

does anyone know if the new HD / hardisk camcorders have av input? if so is the quality going to be good? There seems to be plenty of models out at the moment.

thanks

sy

Huh, I know what you mean, I've been looking on ebay for 6 months and still not found one.

Terry

The AV-in feature seems to have gone away on the latest camcorders. No doubt there's some new offerings with it, so don't give up.

If you don't mind used, and can get a good deal on one, then check out the Sony Digital MiniDV DCR-TRV33. The videos I have seen recorded by it looked very good. But this product is long out of production.

Canon HV10,20 and the current HV30 all have it. That's pretty much the only current offerings, and possibly the only HD camcorders that still have one apart form pro models.

There's no hard disk/flash card based camcorder that have it AFAIK.

I have a Canon MV960i bought from ebay a year ago. I assume that this model is no longer been produced but I think you could find it sometime on ebay