Sign in to follow this  
robyr1

SONY HD new portable system!

here are a HD Sony complete system:

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/public/view...xr-mc1p_minicam

HD! WOW!

Great for a helmet cam or on a bike, but I don't see how it could be used for FPV. The wiring and connectors seem proprietary, and it seems like you have to use this recorder with this camera, and they have to be physically connected.

I think something like this could work if the recorder was small enough to actually take up with the camera, and it had a composite out to allow you to transmit the signal.

Not to take anything away from it. It'll probably work very well on helmets, in cars, and on bikes. I think Chasecam is coming out with something similar as well this year. I saw an announcement on their forum. My guess is that it will be cheaper than this.

I think in a lot of respects, HD is going to be very difficult to adapt to some situations where SD composite signals work very well, especially in the area of wireless transmission.

Correction: It does actually have a composite out. So, if the recorder is small enough to take up, it could work for FPV. I don't see any dimensions provided.

Edited by ginger_marianne

Dimensions (w/h/d)

Including the projecting parts and supplied battery and controller hook attached (excluding cable bush):

Control unit: 81 x 122 x 47mm

Camera head: 37 x 42.5 x 86.5mm

Mass: approx. 580g

Bigger and heavier than a common light camcorder, and 2.8m cable, so you wouldn't really put that onboard. But indeed good for helmet cams or such, albeit still a bit large and unfortunately narrow angle like a common camcorder (35mm Equivalent: 43 - 507mm).

Bigger and heavier than a common light camcorder, and 2.8m cable, so you wouldn't really put that onboard. But indeed good for helmet cams or such, albeit still a bit large and unfortunately narrow angle like a common camcorder (35mm Equivalent: 43 - 507mm).

yes, but there is a video on youtube where show this camera with a wideangle lens fitted..

Yes of course you can fit a wide angle lens, but it's then more bulk again, and will never give you 90° or more FOV...