Sign in to follow this  
Mr.RC-Cam

Quad Rotor Model Wows Aero India - Video.

Here's a video that is making its way around the net that shows a commercially made Quad Rotor model, price tag $30K USD. It seems to fly just as nicely as the DiY Mikrokpter (~$1K USD). :)

Video: Click Me.

Cute! Wonder if anyone has ever worked on a small gas engine/generator to charge the batteries and power the electrics in these things ?

Never seem to hear much about the payloads.

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

Cute! Wonder if anyone has ever worked on a small gas engine/generator to charge the batteries and power the electrics in these things ?

I have, but came to the conclusion it was too heavy and would just kill all payload capability. Weight of fuel for a decent flight time warranting the effort is at least as much as a common battery, and there's still the generator unit to add...

The video doesn't work here, it *says* "This content is currently unavailable".

Edited by Kilrah

A gas engine powering a plane and also driving a generator might be a possibility but would probably approach a 1/4 scale size. Interesting tid bit for thought. Any one ever run across a 2 cycle gas under 26cc engine? Preferably around .40 to .60 in size..

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

Yes a few years back I was looking at a conversion kit that could turn any glow to petrol.

Terry

You're jogging my mind Terry. I'm starting to recall a nitro engine with a belt (I think. Could be gear) driven generator offered by one of the bigger hobby stores. Sometime around the time the onboard electric starters for nitros became available. I gotta think more about this just for the heck of it.

Yes a few years back I was looking at a conversion kit that could turn any glow to petrol.

And even further back petrol model engines were being converted to glow. :)

And Diesel.... Planing heads or machining new heads and making contra pistons... Gawd I'm old......

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

Hmm, I'm a bit of a fan of diesel, very good on fuel. I learned to fly on a 1cc diesel 2 channel glider of my own design. It only had a tiny tank but would climb to a speck in the sky before the engine cut and I had about 10 min play before working out my landing. It would of been easier to join a club and get someone to teach me but it was great fun ;)

Terry

The video doesn't work here, it *says* "This content is currently unavailable".

Fortunately, the video is now all over the net on multiple sites. Try this link: Click me!

If that one does not work in your country, then Google: german firm micro air vehicle Aero India video

Oh, that's the microdrones md200.

30k, and reportedly from a customer a real nightmare to work with...