magnetman

Pan /Retract camera project

That is nice work. How about some details of the mechanics?

Yep, that will be coming, some close ups but I have a very unwell Canon Powershot at the moment. The hardest part was making the Pan servo, which has a geared down feedback pot. The servo is a GWS NARO micro servo, with gears from a broken NARO servo used for feed back to the pot. The whole camera and pan servo assembly is mounted transversely to a waypoint metal geared servo for retract. The camera casing and pan servo casing are made from 2mm ABS sheet, lovely stuff to work with.

More soon :D

Edited by magnetman

Hi all,

This is my latest attempt at a pan/retract camera (KX 141)assembly on on my Ehawk, the idea is to have an unrestricted view downwards and be able to pan 360. Waiting for weather to air test! :D

http://www.vimeo.com/3225257

Hi Magnetman,

could you please tell me where can i buy that pan/retract system?.

Thank you.

Regards

Patrick

Hi Magnetman,

could you please tell me where can i buy that pan/retract system?.

Thank you.

Regards

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

You can't buy it - I made it up myself. When I get time I will publish some details, it is not that hard to do if you are nimble fingered!

The camera system is out of the aircraft at the moment - I forgot to retract it in time for landing and broke the retract servo gears, :huh::huh: so will do some photos for now.

The most dificult part to make was the 360 deg pan servo, where I used gears from another servo to gear down the feed back pot.

magnetman