hi there, i'm involved in a UAV project, currently i'm in the process of building the UAV however one of the specifications is that the UAV should be able to provide a continuous Video transmission for up to 500m. i was just wondering if anyone has any products that they have used before and would be of any help to me? Any suggestions for good cameras, receivers and transmitters that work well will be very helpful.

I am particularly looking for camaras (small and light in weight), receivers and transmitters capable of that range.

It would be even better if the camera had an inbuilt transmitter as i am running out of space in the fusalage

Your help in this will be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Mikil :)

You need to specify which country you want to fly in as the frequency/power vary according to country.

regards Peter

hi there, i'm involved in a UAV project, currently i'm in the process of building the UAV however one of the specifications is that the UAV should be able to provide a continuous Video transmission for up to 500m. i was just wondering if anyone has any products that they have used before and would be of any help to me? Any suggestions for good cameras, receivers and transmitters that work well will be very helpful.

I am particularly looking for camaras (small and light in weight), receivers and transmitters capable of that range.

It would be even better if the camera had an inbuilt transmitter as i am running out of space in the fusalage

Your help in this will be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Mikil :)

I will be flying it in the UK

Regards,

Mikil

You need to specify which country you want to fly in as the frequency/power vary according to country.

regards Peter

I will be flying it in the UK

Regards,

Mikil

The only frequency which can be used legally in the UK is 2.4gHz and airbourne transmission is limited to 10mW (100mW for ground transmitters). This should give you at least 500m of range.

As for equipment, it depends on how much you want to spend, also how much DIY you're prepared for. There aren't that many "plug and play" systems so some soldering etc will be required.

There are plenty of useful links to equipment sellers in this forum.

Good luck.

Jon Davies

Edited by jonforstedavies

Thanks Jon, i am willing to spend about £200-£400 and i am not too fussed about soldering. you suggested that there are some useful links to equipment sellers in this forum, i had a look, the only one i found was:

http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19

However this is not of much help in terms of buying and comparing equipment. Is it possible for you to post one or two links in order for me to get started? Sorry, this may be a silly question, but where exactly/ how can i look for links like these in this forum? (sorry i'm a first time forum user)

Thanks

Mikil

The only frequency which can be used legally in the UK is 2.4gHz and airbourne transmission is limited to 10mW (100mW for ground transmitters). This should give you at least 500m of range.

As for equipment, it depends on how much you want to spend, also how much DIY you're prepared for. There aren't that many "plug and play" systems so some soldering etc will be required.

There are plenty of useful links to equipment sellers in this forum.

Good luck.

Jon Davies

Thanks Jon, i am willing to spend about £200-£400 and i am not too fussed about soldering. you suggested that there are some useful links to equipment sellers in this forum, i had a look, the only one i found was:

http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19

However this is not of much help in terms of buying and comparing equipment. Is it possible for you to post one or two links in order for me to get started? Sorry, this may be a silly question, but where exactly/ how can i look for links like these in this forum? (sorry i'm a first time forum user)

Thanks

Mikil

As a start try the most popular:- New Generation Hobbies (www.nghobbies.com) in Canada. Intelligentf Fight (www.intelligentflight.com) in Australia , Range Video (www.rangevideo.com) in the USA. First Person View in the UK (www.firstpersonview.co.uk). I've dealt with nghobbies and he is excellent with delivery and advice. I've also dealt with IF who deliverred quickly but I haven't tried to communicate with him. The prices, after including p&p, are all about the same. Look at their web sites and you'll see they are all have very similar products. For <£300 you should be able to afford a set up which meets your requirements but there are cheaper ways . The camera is the weak link so get the best. I would also recommend a patch antenna. The video delivery system needs a bit of nurturing, twisted cables, ferrite rings isolation etc, but you will get a good solid video signal to suit your 500m range requirements. Other considerations are which plane you are going to use what battery etc. A 3s lipo gives 12v and you can use a voltage regulator LM7805 to obtain 5v if needed.

You should also look on the Useful Links and Vendor Links on this forum.

Hope this helps.

Jon