Sign in to follow this  
GreenAce92

head tracking idea and cheapest solution to FPV

Hey All,

Im new to FPV i do not have a system yet, i have watched countless videos on FPV and was looking at using them for gliders and such(already done by others) but i am looking for the cheapest setups you guys know of.

So far i know you need the following:

1 mini cam

1 video transmitter

1 video receiver

1 camera to record video

1 head tracking system

power plant for video

what else?

also my head tracking idea is to use 2 gyros programed for 2 servos for the pan n' tilt system. I would reverse the gyros so that when i would turn my head left, the gyro will think i turned right(because its reversed) and therefore it will turn left this would be for pan and vice versa for tilt.

what do you guys think? and what channels would i use? spare channels like ch6 and 7?

Hey All,

Im new to FPV i do not have a system yet, i have watched countless videos on FPV and was looking at using them for gliders and such(already done by others) but i am looking for the cheapest setups you guys know of.

So far i know you need the following:

1 mini cam

1 video transmitter

1 video receiver

1 camera to record video

1 head tracking system

power plant for video

what else?

also my head tracking idea is to use 2 gyros programed for 2 servos for the pan n' tilt system. I would reverse the gyros so that when i would turn my head left, the gyro will think i turned right(because its reversed) and therefore it will turn left this would be for pan and vice versa for tilt.

what do you guys think? and what channels would i use? spare channels like ch6 and 7?

Hi there. Welcome to the world of FPV!

I'd check out this forum - these are questions that have been asked and answered many times. You'll find all the answers and a whole lot more, save a lot of time and money over doing all the R&D yourself.

Heli gyros don't work very well as head trackers, even if you figure out how to interface them to your Tx. The dedicated units (TrackR2, units from www.rc-tech.ch etc.) are a much better idea as they are designed by FPVers for FPVers and have numerous solutions to the interface issue. I did work up a (very cheap) mechanical solution some years ago, but I'd consider everything on that website to have been superseded by the technologies used and discussed on this forum.

Just a suggestion from another beginner, but I'd suggest you forget about head tracking for a bit and get your video downlink working properly first. If there's any problem with that, get the problems solved and then move on to head tracking.