Just for future info.

Anyone know what's needed to change a PAL camera to NTSC? Or is it even possible?

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

Usually in common board cameras it's not really possible, because it involves changing a setting in the camera's chipset configuration memory that is pretty heavily protected against tampering...

Maybe in the future there will be a jumper or switch to change the modes on the affordable CCD board cameras we use, but at this point it's just a pipe dream. Technically it is possible, but anything that adds cost, even 1-cent, is shunned by the Taiwan/China vendors.

I'm not even sure it's a PAL camera. I bought it on Ebay and I didn't notice it was PAL until after it was paid for. I did email the vendor, Sure-Electronics, and asked them to change it to NTSC and they said no problem. however, when delivered, no paperwork as usual (Chinese) and I have no way of checking it until I get my mess cleared away in my motorhome and can set up my workbench once more which is still a few months away.

Oh well, if PAL I can probably resell it without too much of a problem..

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.