Yep very good results, if mine flew half as well as yours seems to I would be very happy.

Terry

Thanks both. ;)

@Terry, you have to be very pacient dealing with pid tunning, and trying to get rid of vibrations, at least with mikrokopter, on both those videos there are many hours of work trial&error for getting something decent out.

@Terry, you have to be very pacient dealing with pid tunning, and trying to get rid of vibrations, at least with mikrokopter, on both those videos there are many hours of work trial&error for getting something decent out.

I gave up with that long ago after repeatedly getting in the same situation - The MK guys are very active, so everytime I would spend 1-2 weeks of full time work either implementing a new feature I needed, improving fraomes or tuning settings I'd find out that one month later all those improvements would be now present in the standard config as they were advacing on that themselves too. So now I wait, and change machine altogether when major changes are made :)

The latest hexas work insanely good out of the box, the work is only on the video side:

Edited by Kilrah

Thats a very smooth video!

You must be very confident in your aircraft to fly over people like that, was that the MK?

Terry

Yep, stock Hexa XL with good, play-free tilt-roll camera mount.

Visually stunning! But definitely one of those "don't try this at home" situations.

How did you find liability insurance for that commercial shoot? It would be difficult to find a underwriter to take it on in my country.

There are no restrictions on flying models apart from FPV flying (buddy needed) and the usual altitude limit in CTRs and minimal distance to airports here. So, as you're doing nothing against regulations, standard personal R/C insurance (optional addition to household insurance) is valid. There is no distinction between leisure and commercial in regulation either - and in any case this wasn't technically commercial as it was done for free :)

Edited by Kilrah

There is no distinction between leisure and commercial in regulation either ...

You lucky devil!

... and in any case this wasn't technically commercial as it was done for free

In the USA "commercial" does not always mean that monetary payment or other compensation was received. For example, if the work directly benefits a business or organization then it may be considered a commercial activity. I see your organization being promoted in the video, so it could easily be considered commercial activity over here. If your country does not have these liability hangups then you are a very lucky dog.

Regardless, stunning video!

Nice video Kilrah, you´re right, things that before Mk guys discovered and implemented after on a new firmware, was very hard to locate the parameter that didn´t go well for an expecific configuration, I remember my days having trouble with altitude hold on my okto coax. Even right now there are parameters to touch to minimize wobbles, on wind, or while descending.

I see you applied a deshaker?

which mount are you using?

I´m using a custom made 3mm plywood one, with 2:1 reductions on roll and tilt

The mount is the large Photohigher one. Finally a mount without play... took time to find something really good.

Yes seems many people are happy with photohigher AV 200. The only bad thing I´ve heard is about slow responsiness of the roll servo during flight, so it won´t correct as fast as required, have you noticed too?

Well I frankly can't say much because I pretty much never used it myself in real conditions, as I'm too busy it's my 2 friends/colleagues who have done all the actual video work. I passed the flag once the machine was assembled and configured :P

I remember noticing the slow roll response when testing, but I couldn't remember if I found a solution or if I left it like that. But the hexa is so stable in itself, with reduced control throws and smooth inputs there isn't really much fast motion left to compensate.

Very nice. It would be great to see what you are flying now -- do you have a link to some photos/details of your MK?