I have a project coming up that requires the use of 4 transmitters each with a composite video signal from separate cameras. After many hours of searching the web it became quite obvious that you guys know what you are talking about with regards tx and rx.

I would appreciate any advise or guidance you could give me based on your experience

My project does not involve an RC devise so i apologies for posting this on that basis. however i do believe someone can help.

I am able to spend around £100 ($130) a unit

What in your experience is the most all round reliable tx on the market?

Has anyone any experience of using multiple tx back to single receiver with multi channell output.(I was hoping to view on a quad screen)

If not i will go with 4 tx and 4 rx. would it be possible to run all 4 without video complications

I need to transmit maximum of around 120ft

Thankyou for any help advise you can offer?

John (london)

You are probably best to look at 5.8Ghz gear to avoid interference in the UK. The aerials are the most important bit but which ones depends on your use.

Terry

Thanks Terry

A film director i see

This set up is for a tv director so he can check the shots whilst communicating through an ear piece.

Thanks for the advise

Has anyone any experience of using multiple tx back to single receiver with multi channell output.(I was hoping to view on a quad screen)

You will need to use multiple receivers. To help prevent adjacent channel bleeding, have an unused channel in between the ones you use.

I need to transmit maximum of around 120ft

You won't need much RF power for that. Even 50mW will be much more than you need. Is there a reason you cannot hard wire it instead of using wireless?

Honestly, for useful advice it is best to fully describe the application and operating environment. Around here, we are thinking in terms of operating in wide open spaces with video equipment mounted in model aircraft. The little details can change everything in a heartbeat.

Thankyou Mr. RC CAM

Ok Multiple receivers...Got that

Hard wiring is not an option as the cameras will be in a built up area with general public.

The camera and tx will also be moving (Carried by person)

The idea is that the director can then follow some 100-150 feet behind viewing the feed from all 4 cams

Built up area ie a city i know is not ideal as interference with frequencies is plentiful

The trouble is knowing which one to choose ie 1.2-1.3 2.4 5.8ghz

Thanks for this it is much appreciated

JS

Built up area ie a city i know is not ideal as interference with frequencies is plentiful

An equally difficult issue is the multipathing interference you will experience from all the RF reflective surfaces in your public areas. Microwave signals bounce off most everything. Lower RF frequencies reduce the issue a bit, but will still cause grief in mobile wireless video applications that are operated near structures. You won't know how bad it will be until you try it out.

For your application it might be best to use a system that is approved for use in your country. So, if you need to follow your Gov's rules, the system choice may be limited.

Thanks again RC.Man

I have been looking into some digital systems from the likes of DOMO http://www.domo.co.uk/pages/receivers.htm

The only drawback is that they are to large and very very expensive.

really not to sure on the system to go for . you say the lower frequencies would help, so perhaps i try 1.2-1.3ghz

However 5.8 would seem to avoid the majority of frequencies here in the uk as an earlier reply suggested

do you think a 100mw 5.8 would be sufficient. I am thinking of this one http://alai.h3m.com/~s0350672/catalogo/pro...products_id=371

do you think a 100mw 5.8 would be sufficient.

I think it would work well in wide open areas, far away from environments that have RF reflective surfaces (buildings, cars, etc.). Honestly, there is no way to predict how any choice will work in your application and environment. The only way to know is for you to try out each system and then decide if it meets your expectations. There are no holy grail answers.

Thankyou MR.RC-CAM

You have been a great help. i have decided to "have a go" with the 850 mw 1.2ghz system from Electronica rc in Spain.

I will give them a thorough bench test then take them out and about.

Thanks again

JS