Hello all, lately I have thought about using 1.3 ghz for video downlink, since it seems less crowded that 2.4. (please tell me if not). I'm thinking of buying the rangevideo transmitter and reciever. But I have one issue, the patch antenna they're selling, says its in the 1080-1200 frequency range, even though they say its 1.3 ghz. Is this stuff good, or should I just go for the more crowded 2.4 ghz? Feeling a little uncomfortable at rangevideo. :/

I have never had a problem with Rangevideo but you never know.

Why are you looking at 1300Mhz and not the more popular 900Mhz ?

What is your location ? Is 900Mhz legal and clear for you ?

Terry

900 mhz is illegal for me, I live in Denmark. The reason I am looking into the 1.3 ghz is because the frequency range of 1240-1300 is legal and very unused here, unlike 2.4 ghz. The reason I felt uncomfortable was because this page http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?main_p...;products_id=69 says that the antenna works in the frequency range of 1080-1200 mhz, while he states its a 1.3 ghz antenna.

Ahh, it's good to have the whole picture.

As he says it will work with 1300Mhz then I would give it a go, it may not be optimum but should work well enough.

If you feel brave you could resize the GPP from this web site as many others have with great success.

Terry

No, a least not all will work well depending on the design, some will have a wider band than others.

Terry

Thanks alot. That cleared it up for me. :D You don't happen to know some other places to buy 1.3 ghz stuff, do you?

Edited by heyer