I am having trouble getting the camera into its housing.. I assumed you are to remove the lens screw unscrew the lens and the CCD cover in order to install it in its inclosure. No instructions on this at all in the manual .. It seems the box is not machined properly .. the board will not fit into the enclosure square.

How is this supposed to seal up? the vents in the rear of the board where you hook up all the cables for programming and video/power. are wide open .. what's to keep dirt from getting all over the CCD? Some instructions would be nice. Are you supposed to silicone the around the edge of the board and enclosure or what? There is a pinhole in the lower Right corner of the face of the camera housing. do I seal it? product is lacking in many ways..

Any help with the DX-201 board camera and housing would be great.. I don't want to take my dremel to the housing.. how frustrating..

I don't think you are the first that has struggled to fit the case over the board. Maybe the supplier knows the secrete?

Regarding the vents and holes on the back of the case, perhaps they are necessary for adequate cooling? So before you seal the board up, be very sure it does not need some airflow to protect the hot components.

Also, in rare cases, especially for our friends in the far North, condensation may need a way to get out.

Also, in rare cases, especially for our friends in the far North, condensation may need a way to get out.

I took the Dremel to it this morning.. and got it together.. now I need to find out how to cut off the BNC connector and put on a RCA connector.. for bench testing..

is it as simple as connecting the signal wire to the center pin of RCA then the ground shield wire to the outer sleeve of the RCA?

why don't video inputs on TX have a ground wire? does it still have to be 75 ohm like other video in circuits? Or is that allready inside the TX case. so you only need a single wire for ground, video , audio(if used) and power...

TIA

I took the Dremel to it this morning.. and got it together.. now I need to find out how to cut off the BNC connector and put on a RCA connector.. for bench testing..

is it as simple as connecting the signal wire to the center pin of RCA then the ground shield wire to the outer sleeve of the RCA?

why don't video inputs on TX have a ground wire? does it still have to be 75 ohm like other video in circuits? Or is that allready inside the TX case. so you only need a single wire for ground, video , audio(if used) and power...

TIA

You might need a BNC to RCA Adapter:

http://images.quebarato.com.br/photos/big/0/8/6B408_1.jpg

post images of your changes later on, and let us know how it goes....

Regards,

Tony

You might need a BNC to RCA Adapter:

http://images.quebarato.com.br/photos/big/0/8/6B408_1.jpg

post images of your changes later on, and let us know how it goes....

Regards,

Tony

Thanks Tony.... yeah thats the one I picked up at Radio Shack. The camera works great. I am waiting on batteries to power the TX and camera.

but I am still not prepared to cut off the connector and solder or JR mini connector it. It just seems I am missing something . RCA and BNC always had a signal and a

shield wire. I guess I will have to cut it someday and try to solder them ... yellow to yellow , black to black, red to red and white to white for audio..

I am bouncing around different projects.. working on a plane right now.. when I do get it setup and will post some pictures..

have a good evening..

Brett