Sign in to follow this  
LSoft

Behaviour of Landtastic controller

Hello!

I have built your Landtastic in BASIC version. I use it as a throttle controller and it works GREAT!!!

I do have just one wish. From the behaviour of the car movement I see that the dependence of speed of change of PWM signal on time is like on a) picture. Would you be so kind and adjust your software and send me the HEX file to make it behave like on B) picture (I mean without the “smoothing radiuses”)? I very appreciate this, because in my ESC I have a brake option (I can not disable it) and so after braking I have to wait a short time to let the signal get to the neutral position before I can push the throttle trigger to move forward.

behaviour.jpg

Thank you a lot, best regards, Libor.

Have you tried turning off Landtastic's Inertia Brake function? With it off, the ramp profile should be like your figure B. If not, then I'm not sure what you are experiencing.

As much as I'd like to create custom firmware versions for all the request I receive, it is simply beyond my available time. If you cannot get Landtastic to work well in your application then you might be interested in trying the Hyperion Servo Rate Adjuster. It is commercially made and very low cost. Just use Google to find more details about it.

Have you tried turning off Landtastic's Inertia Brake function? With it off, the ramp profile should be like your figure B. If not, then I'm not sure what you are experiencing.

I am sorry, I have forgotten this option ;)

I am at the office now, but I will try it when I come back home. Btw, during settings I suppose that I can use LED (of course with serial resistor) instead of buzzer. Just to check the actual Landtastic setting status. OK?

So I connect an ordinary LED (2V, 2mA) directly to pin 3 (LMA) via 1k0 resistor instead of the buzzer. With jumper and turn Rx on the LED flashed exactly how described in instructions. After take down the jumper the Landtastic works as I wish. Now the throttle signal gets to neutral (after release of the throttle trigger) much more natural. Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks for reporting that turning off the Inertia Brake function was the magic solution for your application. It does not get any easier than that! :)