Sign in to follow this  
headhunter23

Pic programmer selection... opinons?

Hellooo going to buy a pic programmer to make a few of RcCam's bit switch chips. Question is where and what type should I get? I can probably get the writer part figured out but no idea which/where to buy. Also I'm looking for something inexpensive.

I had asked RcCam previously, he suggested adding a thread to the forum for other newbies like me.

I don't know of any cheap programmers that I would trust. I'd suggest you look at the stuff that Microchip sells. They have affordable tools. Or ask the forum members for advice.

If you use a relay with BitSwitch then it does not seem like you would need the small SMT IC package size. You could use the 8-pin version of that chip. Also, the chip cannot directly drive a relay. You will need to buffer it with a transistor.

I'm just looking to make a nice light switch to go from one camera to another/or lights on or off.

The third style chip I would like to make is one that uses the three position switch on my specktrum to have camera straight ahead, look down, then flick to belly cam.

Any suggestions on places to buy and specifically which unit would be appreciated! ;)

Really sorry for sounding like a noob :huh: , but I am in terms of buying chips and programming, so if you guys don't mind I need a little more help buying... :)

Here is the bitswitch project, am buying 10 o each microcontrollors... Mr rc-cam had suggested going with the 8 pin but will do both just in case and they're cheap enuff anyways.

here's the project page: http://www.rc-cam.com/bitsw.htm

Here's the list for the pic10f202

https://www.microchipdirect.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Catalog=BuyMicrochip&Category=PIC10F202&mid=1&treeid=1

And which o these options is the other pic10F206?

https://www.microchipdirect.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Catalog=BuyMicrochip&Category=PIC10F202&mid=1&treeid=1

Also here's a theory question... I have a three position switch on controllor, I want to set it for having viewing camera look straight(top), 45degrees angle down(middle) and swap video channel to belly cam(down). I can do this with the chips above listed correct? They don't activate till they see the correct voltage?

Thanks in advance.

Ivan. :)

Also here's a theory question... I have a three position switch on controllor, I want to set it for having viewing camera look straight(top), 45degrees angle down(middle) and swap video channel to belly cam(down). I can do this with the chips above listed correct?

BitSwitch changes states at mid-stick. So as long as you paid attention to that you could make it work in your application.

:) Great! Ummm... do u know what product code is the chips im looking for? I got to the links above but not sure which chips are required or are they all the same?

The variations all relate to package type (SMD, DIP, etc.) and temperature rating. Just pick a package type and ignore the temperature rating.

The variations all relate to package type (SMD, DIP, etc.) and temperature rating. Just pick a package type and ignore the temperature rating.

Wow, these are tiny! M/C must mean board mount! Like these have got to be 2.5mm x 3mm! With 8 connections!

Think I might try ordering again(bigger version), I'm sure I can soldier these but... no drinking i guess while doing so! ;)

Will need to soldier just to get these to plug into programmer!

Thanks for help, if ya know which version are the larger more manageable ones are, lemme know(and others).

Ivan.

The little SMD part is very small. If you don't want to use it then just pick the version that is described as PDIP package.