sbrv24

Basic requirement for FPV Start up

I am looking to start with FPV.

I already fly RC and have a Futaba 6 EXA and JR 8 channels radios .

I do not want head tracking ,OSD etc to start with .

All I want to do is fly FPV to Start with and then add on after I get to be good at it .

I am thinking of a Fatshark RCV922 Aviator Edition combo with a 10mW receiver .

I am also getting a 500mW receiver additional to plug in later to enhance range .

Do you guys think this is OK or is anything additional to be added .

Sai

Looks OK.

I got myself a RCV922 Aviator edition of Fat Shark with the 10 mW Transmitter and a CMOS camera with pan/tilt ( no head tracking or OSD ) and the fat shark goggles .

I have a a JR 8103 Tx on 72 mhz.

Can I connect the pan and tilt to one of the additional channels like channel 6,7 OR 8 of my receiver and operate them with varying degree eg like using the flap channel.

I plan to use my Multiplex Twin Star for my first FPV flight.

Sai

Yes. That's how it's commonly done. However you will need a seperate channel for tilt and pan. In addition, you would probably want to use a servo with a minimum of at least 180 degree rotation for the pan function.

I have a a JR 8103 Tx on 72 mhz. Can I connect the pan and tilt to one of the additional channels like channel 6,7 OR 8 of my receiver and operate them with varying degree eg like using the flap channel.

The JR 8103 is an awesome transmitter. But, I don't think it will work with your head tracker. Its trainer mode (which is used for head tracking) only mixes CH1 - CH4, whereas you'll want the higher channels for pan and tilt. If that is what you want to do, then I think you'll need a different Tx.

I don't have a head tracker what I intend doing is connect one servo to channel 6 ie the flap channel with the servo and the knob centered so the knob to the right would mean right pan and left will be left pan .

The servos came fitted with the fat shark camera so I assume it has 180deg movement , will check it out though.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Sai