Sign in to follow this  
pmac0101

new life for backup camera?

Hello,

I have a ccd camera that was in a former life a "back-up camera", and would like to use it on a couple of rc craft if possible. It had one single lead with a mini plug that had three rings. From there it went to a small sealed box, then to the camera. The sealed box has since been not, and I still don't know what it is! It is connected on both sides with four wires. The plug side is red, yellow, green, black. The other side going to the camera is white, yellow, red, black. My question is... Is it possible to connect from the outbound camera side to have a functional camera? I do not know anything that the formerly sealed board and it's chips do, I was hoping that it had something to do with reversing the image, but I have no idea. If so, does anyone know how it would be wired? I'm assuming the red is power, black ground, yellow video, but don't know what the white does. The camera doesn't have audio, so I thought I might ask before trying anything. I'd like to use the camera due to it's low weight, and wide field of view. I'd greatly appreciate any input anyone has, thanks!

Art

Unseal the sealed box and post some photos of the circuitry inside.

Comments: Reversing the camera image back to normal view might be a challenge. The four wires seems to suggest that you have audio (the gentleman's color code is typically: red=DC+, black=Gnd, yellow=Video, white=Audio). But that seems unusual, so I can't imagine what the extra wire does.

This is the camera I'm referring to......

www.supercircuits.com/Security-Cameras/Specialty-Security-Cameras/PC228

I'll add the requested images shortly.

thanks,

art

Edited by pmac0101

If you contact Supercircuits they should be able to email you the installation instructions.

The 120 degree lens is not the best for use on a R/C model. It will be very fish-eye looking.