Sign in to follow this  
webdr

DX201 w/ case pan/tilt

Could someone give me a recommendation of a pan/tilt that can support the DX201 w/ the metal case?

Also, I heard that additional grounding is needed for the 201...is this true?

Matt

Pan/Tilt: I have not held a DX201 myself, but have heard that the metal case is a very heavy item. You might be the only fellow on the planet that installed the metal bits. ;) If you are looking for a compact Pan/Tilt kit for it, it might be best to check out readymaderc.com to see if you could modify their EZPod mount. Also, servocity.com has a mount that is big and beefy. Beyond that, you'll need to design/build one.

Grounding: If you've heard that it needs additional grounding then it would be best to ask who you heard that from. Have you contacted the vendor you bought it from? What did they say?

Pan/Tilt: I have not held a DX201 myself, but have heard that the metal case is a very heavy item. You might be the only fellow on the planet that installed the metal bits. ;) If you are looking for a compact Pan/Tilt kit for it, it might be best to check out readymaderc.com to see if you could modify their EZPod mount. Also, servocity.com has a mount that is big and beefy. Beyond that, you'll need to design/build one.

Grounding: If you've heard that it needs additional grounding then it would be best to ask who you heard that from. Have you contacted the vendor you bought it from? What did they say?

LOL your probally right, its heavy. But Im using it on a 60" wing with alot of lift. Ill need the 5oz camera and housing for weight in the nose. The big wings are hard to balance w/o additional weight. Im hoping the camera and pan/tilt will do the trick.

Thanks

Matt