Sign in to follow this  
Wavess

40 m long video rca cable

Hi all, we´re preparing our III Spanish FPV meeting that´s going to be on September 12th and 13rd. We´re going to place a 50" LCD TV for general public and visitors watch the fpv flights live. We need to run a 40 m long rca video cable from our receiver to the TV. I haven´t used that long ever, do you think I´m going to have low signal or bad signal quality on the TV? Should I use the tipical video splitter to amplify a bit video signal?

I have never run a 40m cable but I have run a 20m cable, the cable I used was satilite TV cable and it was 100% good. I see no reason for a 40m run to be a problem, if you loose a bit of brightness you can always adjust the TV to compensate.

Terry

The max I used was also 20m, and I could see noticeable loss of detail on the screen. But that was with cheap unshielded cable. If you use 75Ohm coax it should be fine.

No, if your not recording it then I think you will have plenty of adjustment on the TV.

Terry

No, if your not recording it then I think you will have plenty of adjustment on the TV.

Terry

Just a little update we tried with an 80m good quality shielded 75ohm cable and quality plugs with a total success. No quality degradation, neither brightness or color, just went perfect.

Thanks for the update, always nice to have the ending of the story :)

Terry

Thanks for the update, always nice to have the ending of the story :)

Terry

Recommended cable distances

Cable Type* Maximum Distance

RG59/U 750 ft.

RG6/U 1,000 ft.

RG11/U 1,500 ft.