Hi all, we´re preparing our III Spanish FPV meeting that´s going to be on September 12th and 13rd. We´re going to place a 50" LCD TV for general public and visitors watch the fpv flights live. We need to run a 40 m long rca video cable from our receiver to the TV. I haven´t used that long ever, do you think I´m going to have low signal or bad signal quality on the TV? Should I use the tipical video splitter to amplify a bit video signal?

I have never run a 40m cable but I have run a 20m cable, the cable I used was satilite TV cable and it was 100% good. I see no reason for a 40m run to be a problem, if you loose a bit of brightness you can always adjust the TV to compensate.

Terry

• 2 months later...

No, if your not recording it then I think you will have plenty of adjustment on the TV.

Terry

Just a little update we tried with an 80m good quality shielded 75ohm cable and quality plugs with a total success. No quality degradation, neither brightness or color, just went perfect.

• 2 months later...